Audit Technical Manager
Company: Fifth Third Bank, N.A.
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Job DescriptionMake banking a Fifth Third betterWe connect great
people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step?
Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.GENERAL
FUNCTION:The Audit Technical Senior Manager will serve as a
senior-level technical expert within a specific discipline and
provide guidance throughout the audit division. Responsible for
designing processes and implementing procedures across various
audits to ensure appropriate internal audit coverage of key Bancorp
processes and systems. Actively engaged and readily available to
work with line of business/audit executive and senior management to
consult in assigned areas on relevant matters including regulatory
and peer institution emerging topics, thematic process issues,
audit results and recommendations to address identified issues.
Utilizes deep subject matter expertise of relevant laws,
regulations, and methodologies to assist audit teams in the
identification, interpretation, and remediation of issues
throughout the Bank, including presentation of audit results to key
stakeholders. Will manage and consult on multiple projects
concurrently, and oversee staff across multiple audit
engagements.Responsible and accountable for risk by openly
exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally
following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for
always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and
ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer
experience. While operating within the Banks risk appetite,
achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing,
monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Partner closely with Audit Directors to design and implement
the overall strategy, execution, and integration of the subject
matter expert (SME) programs within the audit division.
- Develop an audit universe within assigned lines of
business/functional areas and risk-assess each auditable unit using
defined quantitative and qualitative criteria.
- Maintain a cutting edge awareness of division goals, regulatory
and legislative developments, and industry trends.
- Work with Audit Directors to develop awareness, training, and
required continuing education programs for Internal Audit personnel
related to relevant laws, regulations, and technical
- Manage staff to ensure the requisite knowledge is developed to
support audit teams in the consistent application of audit testing
for specific processes and systems.
- Represent Internal Audit as a key liaison with regulators
during examination of assigned lines of business/functional areas.
Lead/facilitate regulatory examination requests and participate in
periodic meetings with regulatory examiners.
- Identify high-impact recommendations that address the root
cause of issues and improve Bancorp processes.
- Optimize operational excellence through the achievement of
approved measures and metrics, division objectives, and by leading
- Initiate and facilitate collaborative alliances with Audit
Directors, Managers, and Senior auditors to ensure audit programs
are appropriately executed, including involvement in the
communication of issues to Bancorp executive and senior
- Contribute to and execute on the strategic plan of the
- Prepare and/or review deliverables to senior management of the
Audit Division and lines of business/functional areas in order to
communicate results of audit work and continuous monitoring
- Participate in significant system and process development
activities in assigned area.
- Participate and/or lead regular meetings with peers to build
and maintain knowledge of current and emerging regulatory issues
and risk in the audit environment.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with peers and
supervisory management within the business line and
cross-functional lines to support an effective workflow and
continuous communications. Effectively collaborate with all Audit
Division personnel including Data Analytics, PPG, IT and Financial
- Involved in various internal and external initiatives or
discussion groups to monitor and address emerging issues within
assigned areas of expertise.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of
technical audit staff.
- Assume additional responsibilities and leads special projects
as assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Manages technical audit
staffing to ensure optimal performance in meeting the Audit
Division's goals and the objectives of meeting 100% execution of
the annual audit plan. Assists in the recruiting process; conducts
interviews and provides candid, timely feedback. Ensures proper
orientation formal and informal for assigned employees. Identifies
challenging work assignments, mentoring and education programs to
give employees exposure to proactive problem solving throughout the
company. Develops and maintains ongoing two-way timely and clear
performance feedback to maintain healthy, proactive work
relationships. Encourages open dialogue that promotes creative and
out of the box problem solving skills. Researches and supports
participation in leadership and skills based training for all staff
levels. Aggressively prepares all levels of staff for
future.MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline required, advanced
- Required certification will vary depending on area of technical
coverage: Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified
Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, Certified Public Accountant
- Requires 10+ years of related experience in public accounting,
consulting or banking/financial services; Or 12+ years financial
services experience in an audit, compliance risk management, legal
counsel, or regulator capacity.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence consensus
among diverse groups with differing opinions.
- Ability to work independently or within a team while
maintaining professional composure in a dynamic work environment
that often requires management/completion of multiple tasks.
- Ability to plan and accomplish a project or elements of a
project (complexity of project scope to depend on seniority),
identifying responsibilities, tasks, deadlines and pursuing their
- Results and goal oriented possess sound judgment and ability to
apply logical/critical thought processes when developing business
- Ability to maintain objectivity in all aspects of
- Strong analytical skills required to gather, assess and present
quantitative and qualitative data.
- Able to develop and support conclusions and make practical
recommendations to Bancorp executive and senior management.
- Demonstrates working or functional proficiency sufficient to
apply the use of software applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
without assistance and minimal supervision. Able to understand and
conceptualize basic statistical analysis and theories.WORKING
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise,
temperature and the like.
- Extended viewing of a CRT screen.Audit technical
managerLOCATION -- Cincinnati, Ohio 45263Fifth Third Bank, National
Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and
to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all
employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national
origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally
protected status.LocationsCincinnati-United States of America
Keywords: Fifth Third Bank, N.A., Cincinnati , Audit Technical Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!