Company: The David J. Joseph Company
Posted on: October 17, 2020
OverviewEveryone wants to work with people they respect. Even
better if you can work with a company you respect. We have both at
The David J. Joseph Company, and a 135+ year track record on
operating an ethical business with a positive work culture. It may
sound clich--, but it's true. We're a big, global company that
still feels small.
Working at the David J. Joseph Company is unique. We offer
employment in diverse settings such as traditional corporate
headquarters, dynamic sales locations, and scrap recycling
facilities. This workplace diversity gives our employees the
variety they crave and the exposure to a global business. A career
at The David J. Joseph Company is ideal for self-starters seeking
to make an impact on our company and their careers.
The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world
leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80+ locations,
the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability
to effectively interface with all levels of company
- Contribute to continuous improvement process.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrate initiative on projects and assignments.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to provide high quality service to internal and
- Preparation and distribution of monthly financial statement
reports. Design reports and business intelligence tools.
- Preparation of information for internal and external auditors
on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist in Merger & Acquisition activities.
- Monitor compliance by company divisions with accounting
guidelines, SOX control procedures, and company best practices.
Assist with control design and problem resolution.
- Participate in the monthly forecasting process and the
development of the annual budget.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of accounting procedures and
- Maintain assigned GL account analyses and review analyses
prepared by others.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- Minimum 3 years' experience in public accounting or relevant
corporate accounting experience.
- Experience with Oracle or other ERP financial software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, access).
- Position requires occasional travel.
- Masters of Business Administration or CPA, preferred.
BenefitsWe offer a competitive compensation and benefit package
including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision,
life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k)
plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.EEO
StatementThe David J Joseph Company (DJJ) is a drug-free workplace
and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of
employment.DJJ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy,
lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital
status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected
veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic
protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
DJJ hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their
qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd like more
information on your EEO rights under the law, please click
DJJ reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities
to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or
perform the essential functions of the job, unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This
applies to all applicants and teammates.DJJ also provides a work
environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and
work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or
tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and
require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an
atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual
respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information - E-Verify NoticeEJNEJN
Keywords: The David J. Joseph Company, Cincinnati , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!