Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Primary PurposeThe Collections Clerk is responsible for the
day-to-day collections of open invoices, including locating and
notifying customers of delinquent accounts and working to bring
accounts to current.Key Activities
- Contact assigned clients who are past due in payments
(considered delinquent 60 days past invoice date).
- Document conversations with past due clients as well as
recording anticipated payment date and follow up actions that are
- Propose potential account write-offs to Credit and Collections
Manager based on collectability as well as preparing write-off
documents to send to third party collection agency.
- Work with Credit department on open or potential credit
- Researching credit balances/open cash that are open (as
- Resolve various issues such as status of accounts, additional
invoice copies, and other requests as needed.
- Handle inbound customer service calls & questions, both
internally & externally in professional manner.
- Handle inbound inquiries from vendors in regards to accounts
- Work on reconciliations for past due & pre-paid accounts and
initiate corrective entries to balance accounts.
- Process monthly/daily credit card charges for Television, Radio
& Digital advertisers.
SkillsEducation & Experience/Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 5 years of call center, collections, customer service
and/or sales experience
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively under pressure
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organization skills, accuracy and attention to
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to learn and utilize collection software
- Standard office environment.
About ScrippsThe E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances
understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation's
fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60
television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next
generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network
Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks
including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling
through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher
and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement
services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting
newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the
Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held
for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find
their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps
Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment
decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition,
disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and
military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which
would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local
law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so
would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Cincinnati , Collections Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!