Senior - Business Tax Services - Federal/Corporate Tax
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Are you a strategic and creative federal tax professional who
likes solving complex federal tax issues across multiple
jurisdictions and countries? Do phrases like "accounting for income
taxes," "tax advisory," and "tax controversy" pique your interest?
Do you enjoy providing federal tax compliance and consulting
services to large global and dynamic midsize clients across a
variety of industries? If you answered "Yes" to any of these
questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Business Tax
Services (Federal tax) practice!
What You'll Do
As a Tax Senior Consultant within the Business Tax Services group,
you will be a valuable member of tax engagement teams, providing
and assisting with a variety of tax services that are relevant for
public and private companies, including tax compliance, tax
planning, tax controversy, and tax research.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership,
corporate, and individual federal tax returns and reviewing all
related work papers.
- Coordinating with client's tax and finance departments on tax
planning and compliance data gathering.
- Performing detailed review of income tax provisions in
accordance with ASC 740.
- Researching federal tax legislation to assist in understanding
the impact on compliance and consulting.
- Assisting with various tax consulting projects including
research and writing projects related to federal tax planning,
restructuring, controversy, and accounting for income taxes.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising
tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team is a dynamic
team with professionals of varying backgrounds and provides
expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating
tax strategy into their business operations while working within
the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax
subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services
and solutions relevant to our client's business. Our team will
assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department
to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's
organization. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for
public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax
compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services
including research and development, government incentives, and tax
management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax
functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about
Deloitte Business Tax Services .
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related
- 3+ years' experience in federal taxation
- Preparation and review experience of federal tax returns for
corporations, partnerships, and individuals
- One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or
must be able/willing to obtain:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled agent
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Experience working in a virtual and/or global environment
- Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology
- Experience with accounting for income taxes in accordance to
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
Keywords: Deloitte, Cincinnati , Senior - Business Tax Services - Federal/Corporate Tax, Accounting, Auditing , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!