Senior Manager - Risk Management, Deal Strategy and Contract Support - National_Office
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Senior Manager - Risk Management, Deal Strategy and Contract
Support- Fulltime Role:
Deloitte Consulting LLP's Quality and Risk Management group is
seeking a Risk Manager to join the Technology, Media and
Telecommunications (TMT) Industry risk management team. Successful
candidates will have extensive experience in identifying and
ameliorating business and contract risks associated with the
provision of professional consulting services. The Risk Manager
role involves providing risk consultations to consulting
opportunity pursuit teams, reviewing and revising as applicable
draft contracts (Statement of Works, Engagement Letters, Change
Orders) for professional services, assisting in and, at times,
leading negotiations with clients and other third parties, and
serving as a trusted risk advisor to senior client service
Responsibilities/Here is What You Will Do:
Deal Desk Support, Contracting and Negotiations
- Assist with deal desk and contract review activities. Supports
our sales teams in identifying potential risks associated with
contemplated services and recommending solutions to ameliorate such
risks, review and revise as necessary draft contracts (e.g.
statements of work) and proposals in response to RFIs/RFPs
- Coordinate with various functions including sales, legal,
finance and delivery to act as a strategic risk advisor to help
ensure that risks to the firm are sufficiently addressed during the
sales and contracting cycles.
- Assist deal teams and legal in reviewing and, at times,
negotiating agreements such as, confidentiality, teaming and other
agreements relevant to the delivery of consulting services.
Responsible for risk consultations and risk reviews of draft
statements of work, engagement letters and change orders.
- Provide guidance on approaches to reducing and managing risks
associated with specified opportunities and as may be identified in
the review of draft contracts.
- Coordinate with risk managers of other firm functions in
connection with cross-functional opportunities to help ensure a
seamless risk management experience for client service
- Ensure that contracting requirements are met and handled in a
manner that is consistent with the Firm's policies, requirements,
and good business practices.
Ongoing and Post Execution Risk Management and Contracting
- Assist with ongoing contracting, risk management and mitigation
support for ongoing contracting requirements - SOWs, Change Orders,
amendments, and renewals.
- Facilitate continued compliance with contractually required
policies and processes and with the Firm's internal policies.
- Continue to collaborate with different functions to socialize
agreement/contractual requirements and business terms.
- Work actively with account leadership and quality team to
identify and help mitigate post-signature delivery and engagement
Knowledge Management and Training Support
- Maintain knowledge of core professional services (IT, Managed
Services, Outsourcing) and product offerings to continue supporting
contracting and risk matters in a fast paced constantly changing
- Work independently to manage contractual matters and risks and
be the trusted advisor on multiple accounts.
- Provide mentoring and training to Risk Management colleagues
and to a broader audience to enhance knowledge of and compliance
with firm's policies, templates and processes.
- Proactively pursue, assess and, where appropriate, advance
firm's initiatives including in the areas of software, cloud, data
analytics, operate services and privacy & security.
- Support strategic initiatives pertaining to
development/updating of processes, tools, and templates to improve
overall risk management and contracting practices and to help drive
adoption of such processes, tools, and templates.
- Education: BBA/BA/BS in related field, Masters' Degree is
- Experience Requirements: Minimum 8+ years of direct contract
negotiation for technology services. Technology delivery and
implementation services experience beneficial.
- Location: Flexible
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel up to 25%, on average,
based on the work you do and the clients/industries you serve
- Experience handling risk issues pertaining to some combination
of outsourcing, cloud software, software licensing and alliance
- Strong understanding of professional services contracting
lifecycle with an emphasis on technology services
- Deep understanding of risks associated with the delivery of
professional consulting services and an ability to identify
specific approaches to ameliorating such risks
- Knowledge of one or more segments of the TMT industry,
including key industry issues, the competitive landscape and recent
- Proven track record influencing diverse set of stakeholders and
driving common outcomes with a strong understanding of commercial
contracting processes, including terms and conditions
- Outstanding verbal/written communication, collaboration, and
negotiation skills to lead an environment driven by customer
service and teamwork
- Excellent leadership skills including ability to prioritize
critical needs, act decisively, and handle a high volume of complex
tasks within a given timeframe
- Experience in reviewing and revising scope of work documents
with a focus on incorporating actionable and measurable guidance to
address specific risks around delivery execution
- Proven willingness to listen and learn, and a consistent record
of making and explaining appropriate decisions (even when this
leads to tough business discussions).
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of
factors that are considered in making compensation decisions
including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training;
licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational
needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the
applicable geographic differential associated with the location at
which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical
for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for
their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts
and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estiamte of the
current range is $161,000-294,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual
incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program,
whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including,
without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the
need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the
Keywords: Deloitte, Cincinnati , Senior Manager - Risk Management, Deal Strategy and Contract Support - National_Office, Accounting, Auditing , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!