Posted on: September 15, 2023
R&D Americas - Cincinnati Technology Center
LyondellBasell is seeking a Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE)
Engineer for the Cincinnati, Ohio Polymer Technology Center. The
HSE engineer will function as a subject matter expert for HSE
topics. The HSE engineer will manage HSE processes and initiatives
to maintain compliance and drive continuous improvement in site HSE
The Cincinnati Technology Center provides research, development,
and technical service for polymers and polymer recycling in a
laboratory setting. The site has strong HSE performance and a
positive work culture.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to achieving site goals by functioning as subject
matter expert for HSE topics.
- Manage HSE processes and initiatives to ensure compliance with
regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement in HSE performance utilizing a
- Develop and provide HSE training.
- Ability to contribute to the site's positive, collaborative
- Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and concisely
both orally and in writing with internal and external groups.
- Ability to perform audits and ensure corrective actions are
- Working knowledge of OSHA 1910 and 1926, RCRA, DOT, EPA, NFPA
and State regulations.
- Ability to work in and around chemical plants and
- Willing to travel up to 5% of time.
- Develop detailed budgets outlining health and safety needs of
the site such as required PPE and HSE consulting services.
Demonstrate working knowledge of the following:
- Occupation and process safety management processes
- Intelex & Root Cause Analysis incident investigations
- Operational Excellence Standards
- Life Critical Procedures
- Safety and Health Training
- Industrial Hygiene
- BS or MS degree in Environmental, Safety, Industrial Hygiene,
or other safety related discipline with 6 or more years of
professional safety experience. A minimum of 2 years in an
industrial, R&D, or chemical manufacturing environment is
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with regulatory
- Must be self-directed and responsible, with demonstrated time
management and multi-tasking skills needed to handle changing
priorities, and work with defined timelines.
- Experience leading teams or directing employees is
- Experience with mechanical or chemical recycling of polymers is
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
We are LyondellBasell - a leader in the global chemical industry
creating solutions for everyday sustainable living. Through
advanced technology and focused investments, we are enabling a
circular and low carbon economy. Across all we do, we aim to
champion our employees, and unlock value for customers, investors
and society. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity,
equity and inclusion and is strongly committed to our planet, the
communities where we operate and our future workforce. As one of
the world's largest producers of polymers and a leader in
polyolefin technologies, we develop, manufacture and market
high-quality and innovative products for applications ranging from
sustainable transportation and food safety to clean water and
quality healthcare. For more information, please visit
www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to
work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited r--sum--s or
phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party
representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US
EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Keywords: LyondellBasell, Cincinnati , HSE Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!