Head of Global Billing & Partner Payments
Company: Worldpay US
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
AsWorldpay grows, our need for a skilled and seasoned finance team grows. Being a player in the payments processing industry requires a savvy team of experts who can easily navigate the often complex and sophisticated world of rules and regulations associated with running a large business. By ensuring our finances are clear and compliant, we can monitor and measure our successes and discover new areas for growth.
The Senior Leader - Finance distills technical analysis of the current financial climate and trends in financial performance into reports and recommendations for how the business operates. By gathering, analyzing, preparing and summarizing recommendations based on financial analysis, he/she will be critical in advisement of business moves such as acquisitions, operational forecasting and other financial plans. Worldpay's growth is contingent on finding new avenues to stretch; being well-informed on the financial environment allows us to measure the risk and move forward.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
Provide leadership and oversight for the Global Billing & Partner Payments multi-currency day to day activities leading a globally dispersed team, supporting WP Merchant and Issuing business segments.
Provide strategic planning and operational improvements for highly complex initiatives, integration and restructuring of areas and processes, focusing on automation, driving efficiencies, enhanced business results, creating and driving policy changes.
Define, deliver and continuously operate in a process improvement mind-set to drive change across the organization to deliver best in class services aligning with corporate and stakeholder priorities from a global perspective.
Lead complex, multifaceted, multiyear program that will cut across several transformation dimensions -- Strategy, Client & Partner Experience, Colleague Experience, and Operational Excellence delivering increased client satisfaction.
Lead due diligence activities and implementation efforts for organic and inorganic growth initiatives related to ongoing pricing maintenance, new product launches, acquisition, integrations conversions, and implementations.
Develop & ensure controls are operating effectively and conform to all legal and regulatory accounting and Tax requirements, including compliance with corporate policies, local statutory requirements and Sarbanes Oxley
Overview of Key Processes and Activities
- Global billing LATAM, EMEA, APAC, US which includes the complexity involved with the various tax and region regulations for the entire global footprint providing oversight of daily invoice and partner payment residual activities
- Provide thought leadership to enhance and advance billing & partner payment systems and drive change across the organization
- Identification of operational inefficiencies and control weaknesses within the Global Billing & Partner Payments team and lead development of plans to address issues and opportunities
- Identify best practices across Billing & Partner Payments and oversee the adoption and implementation of these practices in order to ensure the highest level of consistent services for all of Worldpay
- Lead all technology innovation, automation and consolidation initiatives associated with billing and partner payments systems managing system roadmaps within capital funding constraints
- Primary interface to critical business partners and stakeholders that the billing and partner payments systems enable
- Work closely with other functions (e.g. Accounting, Systems, Treasury, the Business) to proactively manage and resolve business and operational issues in an innovative, efficient and effective manner.
- Contribute and influence effectively the strategic business plan within the team to achieve planned goals/objectives
- Professional development and management of key staff members through effective goal setting, performance management, training opportunities, coaching, and mentoring
- Strategic implementation and management of industry based KPI's to reduce risk, loss, and increased efficiency.
- Demonstrate ability to manage competing priorities, crystallizing ideas and thoughts into plans and activities, handling ambiguity constructively, and rationalizing on strategic and senior managerial levels.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Experience creating and executing strategic changes in large-scale development efforts
- Extensive leadership and ability to influence across a cross functional operating model in a globally dispersed organization
- Extensive background in working in an ambiguous environment and identifying business issues/risks, and conflict resolution including leading due diligence activities
- Deep knowledge of pricing, billing, finance, and accounting in order to manage integration activities with net zero impact to company revenue or client impact
- Critical thinking, creative problem solver; experience building and executing innovative and differentiated solutions that deliver against long term business strategies
- Proven ability to drive and influence enterprise wide strategic initiatives
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, organize effectively, and meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; should be comfortable speaking to levels of management and front line colleagues
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Ability to understand end-to-end business processes and business knowledge related to global operations
- Competitive environment assessments working with product, pricing and line of business to solution and stay abreast of the market/competition
- Strong financial analytic, organizational management skills and a keen business acumen
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of financial systems
- Knowledge of payment industry systems and Operations experience a plus
- Managing Global Multi-currency environments preferred
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance
Related Work Experience Number of Years
- Managing Global Billing & Payment Systems 12+
- Strong knowledge of financial systems 12+ years
- Pricing and leading large scale implementations 10+ years
Keywords: Worldpay US, Cincinnati , Head of Global Billing & Partner Payments, Accounting, Auditing , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!