Company: The David J. Joseph Company
Posted on: October 17, 2020
OverviewEveryone wants to work with people they respect. Even
better if you can work with a company you respect. We have both at
The David J. Joseph Company, and a 135+ year track record on
operating an ethical business with a positive work culture. It may
sound clich--, but it's true. We're a big, global company that
still feels small.
Working at the David J. Joseph Company is unique. We offer
employment in diverse settings such as traditional corporate
headquarters, dynamic sales locations, and scrap recycling
facilities. This workplace diversity gives our employees the
variety they crave and the exposure to a global business. A career
at The David J. Joseph Company is ideal for self-starters seeking
to make an impact on our company and their careers.
The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world
leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80+ locations,
the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200
- Provide overall administrative support for the Brokerage &
Services Management team including, but not limited to:
correspondence, phone calls, invoices, appointments, ordering
supplies, mailing packages, etc.
- Maintain meeting schedules, coordinate domestic and
international travel and plan both on-site and off-site
- Maintain strategy management documents and process to include,
but not limited to: Creating PowerPoint presentations and
documents, uploading documents to strategy website, maintaining
Degreed training site, creating meetings, etc.
- Establish and maintain confidential files, contracts, and
- Cellphone management for the Brokerage and Services
- Assist with new hires, employee engagement events and community
- Assist regional centers with office supplies and other
- Maintain a priority task list for the management team and
updates the progress frequently.
- Serve as primary emergency plan teammate to assure the safety
of self and teammates and the demonstrated ability to initiate,
lead and uphold safety policies, practices and procedures at all
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in a business discipline and a minimum of 2
years' experience in a business environment is required.
- Effective communication and customer service skills with
employees at all levels of the organization.
- Be highly proficient with the Microsoft Suite of products
including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Sway, etc.
- Ability to learn and work with different software
- Demonstrated professionalism and willingness to protect
confidential and proprietary information.
- Exhibits independent thinking skills and initiative; creativity
and ability to work autonomously with general direction.
- Organized and able to adapt to diverse assignments and changing
priorities while working well under pressure.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and a desire to complete tasks
accurately and expeditiously.
BenefitsWe offer a competitive compensation and benefit package
including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision,
life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k)
plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.EEO
StatementThe David J Joseph Company (DJJ) is a drug-free workplace
and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of
employment.DJJ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy,
lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital
status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected
veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic
protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
DJJ hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their
qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd like more
information on your EEO rights under the law, please click
DJJ reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities
to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or
perform the essential functions of the job, unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This
applies to all applicants and teammates.DJJ also provides a work
environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and
work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or
tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and
require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an
atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual
respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information - E-Verify NoticeEJNEJN
Keywords: The David J. Joseph Company, Cincinnati , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!