Company: Hearst Communications
Posted on: May 15, 2022
WLWT, the Hearst Television station in Cincinnati has an opening
for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are
seeking a photographer with the ability to capture the essence of
what's happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the
homes of our viewers. This member of our team will spend several
hours each day editing for newscasts and several hours each day out
in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for
stories. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up to date on
the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on
Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and iPhone, and edit in
Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed
completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills,
exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication
style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, NBC
and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the
highest journalistic standards is a must. If you are quick acting,
quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast
Air and On-line postings
- Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily
- Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content
and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is
executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from
crews in the field.
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms.
- Must have computer and software experience
- Previous newsroom experience preferred
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license
and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told
what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or
related field preferred
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School
(DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for
employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired
employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the
coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of
employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will
consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical
and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with
applicable legal requirements.
Keywords: Hearst Communications, Cincinnati , Photographer, Advertising , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!