Engineering Director, Supplier Engineering & VAVE
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Mammotome associates know that every moment matters when it
comes to cancer diagnostics. When you come to work, you're helping
develop solutions that enable accurate diagnoses to turn anxiety
Join our diverse team of hard-working people, and be inspired to
grow every day!
We are looking for an Engineering Director, VAVE and Supplier
Engineering to lead our team of highly engaged managers and
engineering professionals in the planning, oversight, and execution
of technical projects that positively impact OMX (Operating Margin
Expansion) and proactively improve supplier quality, delivery and
reduce overall risk in the supply chain.
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
- Lead multi-functional teams to consistently improve business
processes, always with the overarching goal of enhancing customer
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement where data are used
to uncover root cause and stimulate new and improved processes to
better all aspects of Operations.
- Deliver on broader organizational projects and timelines and
works to ensure the Supplier Engineering & VAVE work is
appropriately prioritized and resourced
- Ensure engineering activities are being consolidated (Quality,
Delivery, Cost), wherever possible, to drive efficiencies in
organizational resource utilization across the organization
- Conduct performance management of the Supplier Engineering &
VAVE organizations including both performance objectives aligned to
business metrics and development objective to build team abilities
and develop associates
- Support the development and monitoring of performance
objectives and critical metrics to ensure optimal performance and
on-time delivery of business objectives
- Establish cost, quality, and delivery targets that will enable
the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Assess suppliers' capabilities and make recommendations for
capital investments and process improvements to improve Quality,
Delivery, and Cost
- Oversight and development of budget, resource, and work plans
for the current and coming fiscal year
Your areas of knowledge and expertise that matters most
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent related experience, required.
Master's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management,
- Minimum 10 years Manufacturing, Engineering and/or Operations
experience required. Experience in the medical device/equipment or
life science industries preferred.
- Experience directing a team at a senior manager or director
- Hands on design and/or development engineering experience
- Experience or certification in project management strongly
- Experience working with international suppliers.
Critical success factors
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to gain followership,
direct others, and get results
- Maintain continuous awareness of vendor performance and
participate in scorecard development as well as business reviews
for assigned vendors
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to develop and implement
risk reduction strategies and supplier strategies to provide
quality supply, world-class technologies, and the best long-term
- Partner with suppliers to identify needs and opportunities and
move to proactively close gaps
- Proficiency with best-in-class VAVE methods and tools with the
ability to consistently drive cost savings initiatives of net 2-3%
- Build and lead a robust OMX funnel and driving the development
and execution of strategies to recognize yearly cost savings
- Accountable for hitting the annual VAVE target and supporting
the overall OMX target through PPV and T&L projects as
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global
organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things,
work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated
leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to
equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics
protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of
similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our
workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our
associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and
different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time
to find out.
Keywords: Mammotome, Cincinnati , Engineering Director, Supplier Engineering & VAVE, Engineering , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!