Senior Technical Specialist Electrical Engineering
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Senior Technical Specialist-Electrical
EngineeringLocation Minneapolis/ St. Paul, MN OR Cincinnati,
OHPermanent, full time. NO REMOTEThe Senior Technical Specialist
plays a key role in the company's delivery of engineering services
to industrial, institutional and utility clients by providing
industry-leading expertise in electrical power engineering.
- Support the lead discipline engineer in problem definition,
design approach, and technology selection.
- Meet with clients when requested to support major decisions and
defining project goals.
- Provide technical consultation and guidance to the project team
as requested or determined to be necessary.
- Periodically review the progress of project deliverables for
quality, technical accuracy and compliance with Company
- Execute or lead the execution of project tasks where
appropriate due to degree of difficulty, client preference, or
- Assist in investigation and root cause analysis of equipment
and system failures and implementing preventative measures into
Company standards.Business Development
- Maintain an active role in a technical society or professional
- Regularly present and/or publish in forums that provide
exposure for the Company
- Engage current and prospective clients through participation in
conferences, trade associations, and technical society
- Support project pursuits by participating in pre-proposal
meetings and discussions, contributing to and/or reviewing
proposals, and participating in selection interviews.
- Develop and deliver technical presentations or seminars for the
company clients on topics relevant to their business. Standards
- Develop and maintain standard requirements for the quality and
content of deliverables including drawings, specifications, and
- Identify and guide the development of tools to improve
productivity and quality of work including design standards,
quality review guidelines, and standard details.
- Maintain the currency and technical quality of master
- Mentor the technical development of peers and junior staff
through regular interaction with project teams.
- Utilize project QC reviews and lessons-learned sessions as
teaching opportunities to increase staff knowledge and eliminate
- Recommend formal training and staff development necessary to
maintain the company technical expertise at an industry-leading
- Develop and deliver internal training for Company staff as
requested or determined to be necessary. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
- 20+ years of experience required.
- P.E. license required. EDUCATIONA Bachelors degree in
Electrical Engineering. P.E. license required. MSEE preferred.
- Working knowledge of AC and DC power system theory and
calculations including network analysis, power flow, fault
calculations, rotating machine performance, and symmetrical
- Expertise in power system studies including short circuit,
protective device coordination, load flow, reactive power flow, and
arc flash hazard analysis. Experience with reliability and/or
stability analysis a plus.
- Able to develop microprocessor-based protective relay settings
for lines, bus, feeders, transformers, motors and generators
including experience with directional, impedance, differential, and
- Experience in analyzing protective relay event reports
- Thorough knowledge of specification and application
requirements (including relevant industry standards) for
medium-voltage equipment including cables, transformers, motors,
generators, switchgear, variable frequency drives, and protection
and control components.
- Knowledge of electrical codes applicable to industrial and
utility installations including NFPA 70, NFPA 70E and the NESC.by
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Cincinnati , Senior Technical Specialist Electrical Engineering, Engineering , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!