Company: strategic HR inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Career Opportunity: Quality Engineer with Faxon Machining in
Do you have a passion for problem-solving? Do you excel at driving
high quality of products and processes? Do you enjoy investigating
and resolving quality issues? If so, we want to speak with you
about our position.
As the Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and
driving quality both at the product and process levels while
supporting the ongoing development and improvement of the quality
management system. The Quality Engineer will support Program
Management and Engineering to ensure the quality function is
deployed for all customer programs and monitor customer metrics to
meet customer satisfaction.
Other Responsibilities Include
- Facilitate activities relative to new product introduction,
including new product launch, quality inspection and statistical
capability studies, measurement methods, risk analysis, and product
submissions to customers while meeting safety, quality, delivery,
and cost goals. This includes supplier identification, selection,
qualification, and monitoring.
- Ensure quality system requirements have been determined and met
- Monitor and review all customer quality and delivery
- Facilitate the development of CMM programs and the layout of
parts for inspectors.
- Train production employees to use quality inspection tools and
proper quality inspection methods and techniques.
- Drive permanent resolution of manufacturing issues (PPM
rejects) and customer issues.
- Work closely with the manufacturing and suppliers to identify
problems, initiate containment, drive to the root cause, and
implement sustainable corrective action.
- Use Lean / Six Sigma tools and approaches to implement projects
while eliminating waste and reducing variation in production
processing and measurement methodology.
- Assist Engineering in achieving and sustaining process
- Assist in the implementation of 5S in work cells.
- Maintain visual standards for the work area including gage
benches and the control of nonconforming material.
- Work with suppliers and third-party resources as needed to
rework defective parts, lead inspections, and ensure proper
deviation procedures are followed.
To Be Considered, You Will Have The Following
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, OR a minimum of 4 years'
experience in Quality particularly in product/process quality
- Demonstrated process development and problem-solving through
the creation and application of quality control tools (FMEA,
control plan, process map, etc.)
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of machining, assembly, NDT, Metrology, Auditing,
Root cause analysis, and program management preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt Project is a plus
Faxon combines a highly experienced and motivated staff of
manufacturing team members with a modern, state-of-the-art, highly
capable manufacturing facility to carry projects from concept
through full volume production.
Are you looking for an opportunity where you will be challenged to
improve quality both at the product and process level in an
organization? If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and get to
work, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V.
Keywords: strategic HR inc., Cincinnati , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!