Controls Engineering Co-Op
Company: Powerex-Iwata Air Technology
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Position Description As the Controls Engineering Co-op at
Powerex, Inc. you will have the opportunity to support the
engineering group. You will work with mechanical and electrical
engineers of diverse backgrounds to develop solutions to
manufacturing issues and design new products. Engineers with
experience levels ranging from recent graduates to 30+ years of
experience will support you as you develop design skills including
PLC, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Variable Frequency Drive
(VFD) programming, problem-solving ability, insight into different
types of engineering roles, and gain experience with the design
process. The project-based approach to this co-op will allow you to
contribute to ongoing development projects and perform product line
maintenance. As a co-op onsite at Powerex you will work in an
office, engineering lab, and assembly line/manufacturing
environments. To be successful in this co-op you will need to be
open to a variety of activities that support the engineering team
and embrace new challenges that will come as you gain experience.
Example tasks based on co-op experience level are below.
- First Term Assignments:
- Supporting team members in creating job packets for Production
to build orders.
- Assisting team members in the creation and maintenance of
- Assisting team members in resolving issues on the Production
- Programming HMI's to add new functionality.
- Second Term Assignments:
- Design and implementation of small projects intended to improve
the existing line of products. Various projects are available for
assignment progressing in difficulty.
- Executing and implementing Engineering Change Notices.
- Learn state-of-the-art ePlan design software.
- Third Term Assignments:
- Participation in New Product Development projects. This
includes concept ideation, design, prototyping, and testing along
with production implementation.
- Design and implementation of more complex sustaining projects
intended to improve the existing line of products. These may
include significant product enhancements and quality improvements
with a higher level of difficulty required for successful
completion. Job Requirements:Qualifications
- Minimum of 1-year engineering focused higher education
completed at start of co-op.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Electrical aptitude with a passion for designing systems with
HMI's and PLC's.
- Experience with basic laboratory electronic equipment
(oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, multimeters,
etc.) preferred Location: -Harrison, OH(20 minutes West of
Cincinnati, housing is not provided) Industry: -Compressed Air,
Vacuum, Capital Equipment Manufacturer Type of Employment: -Full
Time Undergraduate Co-op Number of Openings: -1 - Spring 2023
Company Hospital breathing air, laboratory nitrogen generators, bus
kneeling capability, and many other applications require clean,
dry, compressed air. Since 1988, Powerex has focused on designing
and manufacturing reliable systems that supply compressed air and
vacuum for these markets at the best value. Powerex has a full
in-house engineering staff, which allows for the customization of
systems and the development innovative new products to meet the
needs of customers and changing markets.
Keywords: Powerex-Iwata Air Technology, Cincinnati , Controls Engineering Co-Op, Engineering , Harrison, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!