R&D Co-Op- Quality Engineering Spring 2024
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Posted on: September 21, 2023
2306136695W Johnson & Johnson is made up of two key pillars:
Pharmaceuticals, and MedTech. Here at MedTech, we're changing the
trajectory of health for humanity, using technology to enhance
healthcare providers' abilities and improve patients' diagnoses,
treatments, and recovery times . We're disrupting outdated
healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas
to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a
reach of more than a billion people every day, there's no limit to
the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine
healthcare? Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future
of health, in all the best ways. And you'll change, too. You'll be
inspired, and you'll inspire people across the world to change how
they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact.
Join us! About Ethicon Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 25
years ago, in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing creative devices that
have driven the groundbreaking shift from open to minimally
invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today. The
Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms, and
technologies-including surgical staplers, advanced energy, robotic
surgery, clip appliers, and trocars-that are used in a wide variety
of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties
include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic
conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity.
About the Role Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. is recruiting for a
Quality Engineering Co-op for the Spring 2024 term from early
January - late April. As a Co-op in the Quality Engineering
organization, you will have the chance to:
- Create and update risk management documents like FMEAs in order
to drive product requirements
- Develop technical writing skills by authoring Quality Plans
with external manufacturers or Competitive Complaint Analyses
- Perform testing, experimentation, verification, and validation
to support product design.
- Lead the development of laboratory testing, interpreting data
results, and recommending next steps
- Learn and perform various statistical analysis techniques.
- Strengthen communication and leadership skills.
- Take advantage of training courses offered on-site. The Quality
- Will work in New Product Development/R&D,
Lifecycle/Sustaining, or the Quality Systems group.
- Will work with a diverse team of Design Engineers, Development
Engineers, Quality Engineers, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, and
- Will report directly to, and receive assignments from, the team
Quality Engineer, while also working with the broader team for
- Will participate in and/or lead on-campus activities such as
learning committees, volunteer events, and meet and greet luncheons
with full time associates. Co-ops are hired on a per-term basis,
but availability for multiple rotations is desired. Students may be
invited to return depending on their performance. If brought back
for multiple rotations, responsibilities will increase with each
rotation as experience is gained by returning to school. The
Quality Engineering Co-op program provides each student with a
great support system, as well as the opportunity to meet people
from various schools throughout the country. We offer a competitive
wage (dependent on year in school) housing assistance or a housing
stipend for non-local students (outside of a 50-mile range from our
- Must be enrolled in an accredited College/University pursuing a
Bachelor's or Master's degree in the below or a related field:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer / Software Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Must have completed two semesters in school by the start of the
- Candidates must be familiar with basic statistics
- If not in an engineering application- other roles are
acceptable (i.e. budget management from a club, or any experience
working with numbers)
- Availability to work Full-time., 40 hours per week from early
January to late April 2024
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and must not
require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status)
now or in the future.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and
have strong oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.00.Preferred
- Demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or
community service activities.
- Advanced familiarity with statistics concepts/terminology
(either from previous co-ops or classwork)
- Previous quality engineering related experiences.
- Knowledge of FDA or regulatory guidance.
- Medical related experience (previous co-op at medical device
company, working volunteering at a hospital, etc.).
- Understanding of risk management.
- Failure analysis/root cause understanding.
- Experience with statistics software (e.g. Minitab,
Weibull/Reliasoft, SAS, etc.).Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Cincinnati , R&D Co-Op- Quality Engineering Spring 2024, Engineering , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!