Principal Mainframe Engineer - Hardware/Storeage
Company: Worldpay US
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Worldpay's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and more, investing in our team of Engineers is investing in our future.
The Principal Mainframe Engineer coordinates and conducts multiple complex mainframe hardware and storage assignments, often requiring implementation of new or improved products, processes and techniques. Interpret on a detailed basis, the principles, theories, and concepts of a technology engineering specialty to support efficient and effective mainframe hardware and storage solutions. You must have an expert level understanding of the mainframe storage architecture and design. Lead analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, and maintenance of mainframe hardware and storage productivity tools and hardware devices. You must possess an expert level understanding of HCD, I/O definition files, mainframe connectivity, storage management reporting and support. This position is located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Lead activities to determine mainframe hardware and storage requirements to contribute to the development of a comprehensive mainframe environment
- Lead design reviews
- Implement and monitor mainframe tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Identify, react, and resolve incidents related to the mainframe including performance
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current technical innovations and strategies in mainframe systems and mainframe hardware and storage
- Configuration and Support of: DASD Hardware, Tape Hardware, Enterprise Directors, Replication Switch, HCD, I/O definition files, mainframe connectivity, storage management reporting and support
- Hardware Installation Planning and Layout (Rack, Power, and Floor Space Requirements)
- Mainframe Cabling Requirements for items including: Ficon LC Long Wave, Short Wave, Single Mode, Multimode, OSA Express, and Coupling Links.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- HCD - IODF - GEN
- Catalog Management
- DASD and Tape Hardware, Configuration and Support
- Enterprise Director and Replication Switch Configuration and Support
- Hardware Installation (Rack, Power and Floor Space Requirements)
- Mainframe Cabling Requirements (Ficon LC Long Wave, Short Wave, Single Mode, Multimode, OSA Express and Coupling Link requirements)
- IP Requirements and basic networking knowledge (IP, VLAN, Subnet, Gateway)
- Mainframe Tape Management
- Encryption Key Management
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Worldpay US, Cincinnati , Principal Mainframe Engineer - Hardware/Storeage, Engineering , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!