Senior Linux Engineer
Company: Worldpay US
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
AsWorldpay grows, we must be proactive in assuring we stay ahead of the curve with truly cutting-edge products and services. The payments industry is in rapid evolution with the implementation of new technologies. By hiring the best minds that understand that new features and capabilities are just as important as security,Worldpay will continue to beat the competition with our offerings. Whether it's dedicated to new products and services, or ensuring we have the best infrastructure out there,Worldpay is dedicated to tech.
Key Purpose of the Role:
As we continue our journey towards a truly global and world-leading payments provider, it is more important than ever that we protect our systems, and the data that we are entrusted with by our customers. Malicious actors are a continuous threat to our company. Attack vectors are becoming more numerous and sophisticated across a constantly changing security landscape.
As such, IT Vulnerability Remediation is a key element of eradicating vulnerabilities from our systems, and helps maintain their security and stability. Our regulators, customers and shareholders rely on us to keep our systems secure. The presence of security vulnerabilities within our systems puts our customer's data at risk, violates our obligations to them and our regulators, and undermines our compliance to the mandatory requirements of the FFIEC, the FCA, PCI DSS and other industry mandates.
As a member of the IT Vulnerability Remediation team and Technology operations Organisation, you will be required to build, maintain and support multiple server environments and live services. You will work with Linux service colleagues across Group Technology and Engineering to ensure Worldpay provide a highly available, enterprise quality level of service to our merchants and customers
Our infrastructure and operations teams are based in the UK, US and Indore.
The Linux Engineer will be expected to contribute to a 24x7 duty on call rota, assisting with any patching issues and checking on performance, validation and involve appropriate teams. Completion of other activities as assigned by Management. Troubleshooting issues related to patching; engaging the VTSC team where more in-depth knowledge is required by the application owner. Analyzing, determining and implementing appropriate settings and configuration of the automation plan for availability, scalability and performance. Also to help improve existing and deliver new application functionality making sure procedures, policies and best practices are kept up to date.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Vulnerability Remediation/patching on Unix, Linux servers
- Patch remediation with IBM BigFix platform and configuration tooling
- Vulnerability Analysis for non-patchable and experience with Qualys
- Regular cadence based remediation (two week patch cycle)/ (One-off patching)
- Configure appropriate custom sites and server groups: Management of New Server Build requests for all environments
- Ownership of Incidents/Problems related to the Inventory: Investigate of the issue and prepare a solution for next cycle
- Create/own Problems for our team when appropriate and engage other TSO and Infrastructure teams when appropriate
- Submit/update KB articles as appropriate
- Server automation action script modification
- Patching activities performed in IBM BigFix platform to their corresponding server groups. This includes OS upgrade, server add/removal, app upgrade).
- Execution in BigFix Automation related action scripts to be initiated for specific Application server group/ as per the Change.
- Run baseline for Change specific patch groups within specified time window, this includes installation, patching and applying baselines and fixlets.
- Availability of BigFix components (BigFix relay, agent) -- first level troubleshooting.
- Completion of Change Requests/Change Tasks as assigned: Monitoring and Validation initiated if needed
- Update change work notes with the progress and details specific and Orchestration plan updated and followed through.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of IBM Bigfix experience: specific expertise on Linux and Unix
- ServiceNow experience
- ITIL Service Management knowledge
- Broad Proficiency across technologies such as Linux, Unix
- Administrative Experience with IBM BigFix platform
- Expertise with Bigfix development
- Deep Troubleshooting experience issues related to patching
- Expert in one or multiple shell scripting languages ; Java, Perl, Java Script, UNIX Shell scripting
- Understanding of network technologies and protocols; experience with firewalls, load balancers, web servers, and network monitoring systems
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills, detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong documentation skills. Understand the importance of and support documenting processes for deployed solutions
- Ability to multi-task and manage pressure
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Worldpay US, Cincinnati , Senior Linux Engineer, Engineering , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!