Company: Novus Global Solutions LLC.
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Novus Global Solutions is an NJ based professional services firm focused on driving consulting jobs back into the US. Novus has a unique anti-offshore model that has been recognized and accepted by many businesses in 4 continents and 9 countries.Novus is highly specialized in SAP, JAVA, Microsoft, Custom development and Management consulting and works directly with our customers to deliver consulting excellence. At Novus, you can have a challenging career that fosters your growth and ensures a positive impact on the environment. Novus is specialized on business intelligence and provides architectural as well as business solutions to its customers spread across all known industries.We are looking for a Java Engineer to help us investigate, identify, and fix several performance issues that exist in a critical business system. This application follows a traditional monolithic architecture built on Java 1.5, Struts, SOAP, Hibernate, Oracle DB, and JBOSS. It is used as an operational Admin Console/UI by approximately 200 call center representatives and as an underpinning Service Layer (SOAP) for various processing operations facilitated by a customer-facing web app. We have begun experiencing performance issues due to system load and application design, and look to mitigate issues and increase capacity before adding new load in the near future.
- Experience writing performance code in Java runtime
- Experience with Java 1.5 specifically
- Profiling and tuning Java applications
- Experience w/ SQL and DB Indexing in Oracle
- Experience w/ Hibernate
- Experience w/ JProfiler (or equivalent Java profiler tool)
- Experience w/ Dynatrace (or equivalent APM tool)
- Experience w/ Struts
- Experience w/ JBoss (or equivalent Java EE Container) deployments and configuration
- Ability to derive capacity plan based on investigation and learning from profile and tuning tasks
- Partner with Software Development team to identify key performance issues.
- Partner with Development and QA team to leverage existing tests or scripts to inform test plan and approach
- Assess and identify load, volume, and or software stress levels necessary recreate issue in pre-production environment
- Create test scripts using stress testing tool such as JMeter, Load Runner, or some equivalent
- Profile application runtiusing profiling tools such as JProfiler, Yourkit, Java VisualVM, or Dynatrace
- Add necessary application instrumentation, logging, and metrics to identify root cause of performance hotspots in pre-prod or prod.
- Analyze thread and heap dumps to identify issues in either case
- Identify and fix garbage collection issues
- Identify memory leaks, connection pooling issues, thread pooling issues, and any required changes to JBoss settings
- Recommend and/or implement application code changes to address any issues
- Should be proactive and energetic
- Should be able to join immediately
Keywords: Novus Global Solutions LLC., Cincinnati , Performance Engineer, Engineering , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!