Current College Students - Quality Engineer Co-Op
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnsons & Johnson's Family of companies, Ethicon Inc., NeuWave Medical, Megadyne Medical Products, and Torax Medical Inc., are recruiting for Quality Engineering Co-op's. These businesses offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies-including sutures, surgical staplers, advanced energy, robotic surgery, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. They combine products and services of market leading legacy companies with long histories of medical innovation.--
As a Co-op in the Quality Engineering organization, you will have the chance to:
- Use state of the art tools and take advantage of training courses offered on-site.
- Perform testing, experimentation, verification, and validation to support product design.
- Assist in developing laboratory testing, interpreting data results, and recommending next steps.
- Learn and perform various statistical analysis techniques.
- Create and update risk management documents like FMEAs, Quality plans, and complaint analyses.
- Strengthen communication and leadership skills.
- Work with a diverse team of Design Engineers, Development Engineers, Quality Engineers, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, and Clinical.
- Meet with Quality management to discuss risks and opportunities for the respective projects.
The Quality Engineering Co-op:
May have the opportunity to work at or support one of the following Johnson & Johnson Medical Device sites:
- Ethicon Inc. - Cincinnati Ohio
- Ethicon Inc. - Somerville, New Jersey
- NeuWave Medical - Madison, Wisconsin
- Megadyne Medical Products - Draper, Utah
- Torax Medical Inc. - Shoreview, Minnesota
- Will be assigned to a team in one of the various franchises of each respective company.
- Will work in New Product Development/R&D, Lifecycle/Sustaining, or the Quality Systems group.
- Will report directly to, and receive assignments from, the team Quality Engineer, while also working with the broader team for additional assignments.
- Will participate in and/or lead on-campus activities such as learning committees, volunteer events, and meet and greet luncheons with full time associates.
Rotations are generally 3-5 months (based on common Spring, Summer, and Fall school semester terms) and availability for multiple rotations is desired. The Quality Engineering Co-op program provides each student with a great support system, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country. If brought back for multiple rotations, responsibilities will increase with each rotation as experience is gained by returning to school. We offer a competitive wage and subsidized, furnished housing for non-local students.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Cincinnati , Current College Students - Quality Engineer Co-Op, Engineering , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!