Sr. Controls Engineer
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Performs a variety of engineering work in designing, planning and
overseeing manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of
electrical and electronic components, equipment, systems and
machinery used in production of products and operation of plant
utilities. May work closely with other engineering disciplines in
development and application of new systems or refinement of
existing equipment and processes.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited
- Evaluates new and used equipment, designing electrical controls
for machinery and plant systems.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance to plants in the event of
equipment malfunction. May work with plant or outside technical
support personnel on such problems.
- Works on the design and programming of electrical/mechanical
systems for specific equipment and general plant installations.
Examples would be corrugators, extruders, plant material handling
systems, off-line production equipment and general plant electrical
- Maintains control software files and mechanical drawings,
keeping them current and accurate.
- Oversees installation and debugging of new equipment and plant
- Assists in acceptance test and debug of equipment from
- Coordinates manpower assigned to electrical /mechanical portion
of new project activities.
- Travel to facilities to support, install and provide training
on projects. Travel in US and Canada, anticipated travel
- Operates under general direction of the Electrical Eng. Mgr. or
may act as team leader on projects with high engineering
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Experience troubleshooting electrical components, AC/DC
- Reading and creating electrical diagrams
- Modifying or creating PLC & HMI programs for the following
manufacturers - Automation Direct, Siemens & Allen Bradley.
- Motion & Robotics experience in Siemens or Allen Bradley
- SCADA and Data Networking
- Automation Direct - DirectSoft 5 & C-More
- Allen Bradley - RSLogix 5, 500 & 5000. Panel Builder & Factory
- Siemens - Step 7, ProTool, WinCC Software.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- The Position requires full range of body motion on a daily
basis including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability
to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
- The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires
the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and
transport finished goods
Our client is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Cincinnati , Sr. Controls Engineer, Engineering , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!