Want candidates that come from the food industry. Warehouse Manager
for a food mfg company. Must be flexible to work any hours or days
(including weekends) Must be able to work off shifts and
Responsible for supervising 10-15 employees.
Under the direction of the VP Operations, incumbent supervises the
day-to-day activities and work performances of warehouse staff.
Assesses staffing and material levels and ensures supplies are
adequate for work needs. Monitors flow of materials through the
warehouse process and makes recommendations for process
improvements. Trains and directs a group of associates in the
movement of merchandise through the department within specified
productivity, cost, and quality standards.
1. Ensure "Safety First" is always practiced and observes and
adheres to all job safety rules.
2. Ensures warehouse is ALWAYS in AIB Audit readiness.
3. Coordinates all warehouse personnel's activities.
4. Ensures trucks are scheduled and follows up with trucks for
5. Ensures appointment schedules are set and followed for the
delivery of product.
6. Receives incoming shipments, including air and express delivery;
checking, verifying, and auditing receipts against paperwork.
7. Acts as liaison between warehouse personnel and VP
8. Ensures warehouse inventory is maintained at a 99% or better
accuracy at all times.
9. Ensures all warehouse employees speak and read English and
perform scanning activities as required.
10. Ensures all warehouse employees are crossed trained on all
duties and functions.
11. Ensures production is provided with the proper materials in a
timely manner to ensure NO down time.
12. Ensures all finished materials are either placed in proper
racks or loaded onto trailers for shipments.
13. Designs and implements work methods and procedures to increase
productivity and improve service within assigned department.
14. Motivates associates to ensure that predetermined productivity,
cost, and quality standards are achieved or exceeded.
15. Ensures safety and housekeeping.
16. Trains new associates.
17. Prepares and submits daily and weekly paperwork.
18. Recommends daily manpower requirements based on volume.
19. Ensures Quality Standards are maintained and any new policies
that are developed are implemented.
20. Monitors employees work performance, coach as needed to achieve
target results while ensuring employees are following all SOPs.
1. Measure and size of financial responsibility:
Average Inventory 3 - 5 million
Yearly Sales $85,000,000
2. Number of associates reporting to this job:
3. Most frequent contacts: Warehouse Manager
1. Minimum formal education: Associate's degree in Business.
2. Minimum job content knowledge: Basic knowledge of economy of
motion techniques. Ability to handle people under high stress
3. Minimum experience: Five (5) years distribution or manufacturing
4. Specific jobs that could prepare an individual for this job:
Work managing or supervising in a production environment;
Operations Scheduler; Merchandise Coordinator, Loss Prevention
5. Any combination equivalent to a high school education, plus a
minimum of 5 years warehouse experience.
6. Ability to follow and give written and verbal instructions.
7. Ability to understand general work processes.
8. Working knowledge of IBM compatible system.
9. Working knowledge of and experience with "RF Scanning"
10. Ability to obtain and retain fork lift certification.
11. Ability to follow and give written and verbal instructions. We
are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all
qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected