Business Office Manager
Company: Charter Senior Living
Posted on: January 15, 2021
--Why Charter Senior Living?"It truly feels like a family at
Charter.-- The residents are an extension of my family now.-- I
love coming to their home and helping them stay healthy by
assisting them with their medications and care.-- I love to chat
with them and laugh because at Charter our values include "Have fun
while serving". We are charged with enhancing the human spirit of
our residents, but they are really enhancing my spirit."--Offering
Health Insurance for Full Time Associates --Charter Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance--
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus-Charter Senior Living Associate--Your
potential is unlimited. As a small boutique company, we are
committed to helping each of our Associates have more than just a
"job". We want each of our associates to feel like they a career
and an opportunity to grow. Learn more about Charter and how you
can become part of an organization that is committed to the future
of their Associates.POSITION SUMMARY:The Business Office Manager
assists the Executive Director in ensuring that all functional
areas required to operate the facility are covered at all times.--
The Business Office Manager's primary duty consists of managing and
overseeing the accounting and general bookkeeping of the facility.
The Business Office Manager may be required to work additional
hours at the Executive Director's request.--The Business Office
Manager must possess excellent written and verbal communication
skills.-- He/she must possess basic clerical skills; typing,
filing, light bookkeeping, computer proficiency and be able to work
in an environment with multiple interruptions.-- The position
requires a pleasant nature and a willingness and desire to work
with the elderly.The Business Office Manager is responsible for
providing information and referral to residents, visitors, staff
and prospective clients in a positive, service-oriented
manner.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:--
- Professionally answer phones and accepting appropriate
information or messages.-- As necessary, he/she will provide backup
receptionist duties to ensure the front desk is properly covered
during business hours.
- Professionally greet visitors and direct inquiries.
- Promote and maintain positive relations with residents, their
families, staff and guests.
- Accept initial inquiry information and provide marketing tours
and arrange marketing meals, as appropriate.
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing, evaluation and
supervision of receptionist staff and provide general direction to
these employees to ensure staff hours, quality services, and
customer service is met at all times.----
- Assist the Executive Director and key department leaders with
thoroughly checking all employees' references, background checks,
coordinating/tracking pre-employment drug screening and TB testing,
professional licenses, coordinating/tracking new hire documents and
other related new hire items.
- Assist Executive Director and key department leaders with
tracking annual performance evaluations for staff.--
- Receive and distribute mail to appropriate personnel and
- Ensure proper business office documents and postings are
regularly updated and monitored for the staff bulletin boards,
resident bulletin boards and other related communication
- Assist Executive Director and/or Life Enrichment Coordinator
with seasonal decorating.
- Maintain office calendar of move-in/move-outs, staff vacations,
events, etc. for reference.
- Assist and participate in emergency procedures to maintain
resident safety, i.e. fire drills.
- Assist monthly in-service and staff training sessions, as
necessary.--ACCOUNTING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accept and receipt monthly rental and other payments.--
Maintain records of all payments received on applicable tenant
- Enter deposits on a daily basis into the A/R system, process
deposits via scanner or take to the bank and file records.
- Update the A/R system on a daily basis with census changes;
move-ins, move-outs, transfers and level of care changes. Maintain
a good and open communication with the Marketing Director for
smooth transmittance of information.
- Generate monthly resident billings; review for accuracy.
- Monitor and collect past due rents in a timely manner to
include working with Medicaid case managers, residents, family
members and/or responsible parties. Follow Frontier Management
- Maintain resident, employee and other business files.
- Manage time clock records; enter time off data; review missed
punches; conduct error review 2 times per week; communicate
clock-in policies with employees and inform department heads of any
employee policy misuse/abuse.
- Review semi-monthly payroll data and coordinate with Staff
Accountant for final submission.
- Prepare semi-monthly time cards for facility staff and
calculate regular and overtime hours worked for each pay
- Enter payroll hours into the intranet website semimonthly for
- Enter new employee information, wage changes, address changes,
and employee termination information into the intranet website in a
- Code Accounts Payable invoices, submit to the Executive
Director for review, make a copy to keep in the business office and
send original invoices to the Home Office weekly.
- Communicate with Staff Accounting as often as necessary to
ensure A/P, A/R, and payroll processes are operating smoothly and
to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Follow up with vendors for missing invoices as necessary.
- Perform any additional job duties set by the Executive Director
while completing assigned duties which may change from time to time
according to resident needs, staffing levels, working
circumstances, and corporate directives.UNIVERSAL
PRECAUTIONS:Potential for exposure to blood/body fluids not
likely.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Incumbent will sit for extended
periods of time.-- Lift between 1-20 pounds occasionally. Walks
throughout facility as needed.-- Visual acuity and good
hearing.OTHER REQUIREMENTS:Exceptional communication and conflict
resolution skills.-- Typing and computer skills. Ability to
function as a team member.-- Good interpersonal skills with all
levels of staff, residents, families, and the
Keywords: Charter Senior Living, Cincinnati , Business Office Manager, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!