Business Development Manager Coatings
Company: Sun Chemical Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
ID: 2021-4658 US-OH-CincinnatiCategory: SalesPosition Type: FT
Sal/WhCo NoOTAbout the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of
printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid
compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together
with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion
and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the
This role will be responsible for coordinating the activities
between different groups (including, but not limited to Product
Development, Product Management, Sales, CTS, Regulatory,
Manufacturing, etc.), strong organizational skill will be needed,
particularly in the area of Project Management.
- Support the Sales and CTS teams in the identification,
development, and acquisition of opportunities for coating and
adhesive sales within the flexible packaging, including but not
limited to film production, laminations, pouches, lidding, labels,
shrink sleeves, etc.
- Train the sales and CTS teams on coating and adhesive
applications in the defined markets and on Sun's product
- Travel with the Sales and CTS teams in support of customer
acquisition efforts for coatings and adhesives within these
- Develop relationships with customers, internal partners, and
external partners while fostering their confidence in Sun NAI's
coatings and adhesive product lines.
- Represent Sun's coating and adhesive platforms at trade
organizations such as FPA, TAPPI, FTA, AIMCAL, etc.
- Monitor trends in the industry by working with customers, trade
organizations, and brand owners. Use this knowledge to set
priorities for our growth efforts.
- Work with Product Managers and Product Development to define
the product develop projects needed to address market trends and
gaps in Sun's portfolio. Prioritize these activities based on size
of the market opportunities, trends in the industries, and
probabilities of success
- Define Sun's best product offering including our Value
Proposition for each application within each target market and
compile data into useful training tools for Sales and CTS
- For each market and application, prepare a "Target Lists" of
customers and work with sale to communicate Sun's offering to each
- Create and give presentations to our customers, prospects,
brand owners and trade organizations on Sun's coatings and
adhesives technologies for the target markets.
- Coordinate with and defer to the Product Management team all
questions of product quality, supply, pricing, product selection,
trial support, scale-up support, production coordination, cost out
projects and other product management items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10-plus years of experience in the markets of focus (film
production, laminations, pouches, lidding, labels, shrink sleeves,
- Within these markets, considerable technical experience with
application support and problem solving for coatings and/or
- Within these markets, experience in customer facing roles,
either sales or technical service is required.
- Experience in product development and product formulating is
- Experience in market analysis preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical degree in either Chemistry or Engineering
- MBA or graduate level technical degree would be a plus.
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or
ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Sun Chemical Corporation, Cincinnati , Business Development Manager Coatings, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!