Admitting Department Manager
Company: SUN Behavioral Kentucky
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Responsible for managing all aspects of the Intake areas.
Ensures efficient and orderly admission of inpatients and admitting
process of individuals who will be admitting to our outpatient
programs, Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization. Assists
and collaborates to ensure our patients are connected and admitted
to IOP and PHP programs. Maintains open communication with the
Nursing Supervisor, Business Development, Business Office,
Environmental Services and administration. Position
Responsibilities: Clinical / Technical Skills (40% of performance
- Responsible for the Admitting Department, including
reservations for hospital services, preadmitting patients,
verifying insurance eligibility, admitting outpatients and
- Establishes, reviews and updates short-term and long-term goals
in order to be consistent with hospital-wide plans.
- Executes problem identification, data gathering and
implementation of strategy actions that are in the best interest of
the department and its mission, values and philosophy.
- Manages the Admitting Department in a cost-effective manner by
utilizing current materials, management techniques, maximizing
human resources and continuously reevaluating the manner in which
services are provided.
- Responsible for providing inservices to the Admitting
Department staff concerning issues such as Conditions of
Admissions, advance directives, patients rights and
responsibilities, HIPAA regulations and hospital policies and
- Is available to the Admitting Department Supervisor to handle
patients concerns, complaints and other department issues.
- Establishes policies and procedures necessary for effective and
efficient systems and management of human resources.
- Establishes and monitors standards of performance among all
subordinates and ensures that standards are being consistently
- Establishes specific and necessary planning, control and
quality assurance mechanisms that monitor patient registration,
administrative and economic outcomes.
- Communicates clearly and concisely within the department and
with other hospital departments.
- Attends meetings, prepares reports and analyzes and provides
recommendations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for maintaining performance improvement activities
in the Admitting Department.
- Responsible for educating staff on performance improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned. Safety (15% of performance
- Strives to create a safe, healing environment for patients and
- Follows all safety rules while on the job.
- Reports near misses, as well as errors and accidents
- Corrects minor safety hazards.
- Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards
identified in the workplace.
- Attends all required safety programs and understands
responsibilities related to general, department, and job specific
- Participates in quality projects, as assigned, and supports
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
Teamwork (15% of performance review)
- Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and
- Responds willingly to colleagues and serves as an active part
of the hospital team.
- Builds collaborative relationships with patients, families,
staff, and physicians.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate, and present data and
information both verbally and in writing as required
- Demonstrates listening skills and the ability to express or
exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
- Demonstrates adequate skills in all forms of
- Adheres to the Standards of Behavior Integrity (15% of
- Strives to always do the right thing for the patient,
coworkers, and the hospital
- Adheres to established standards, policies, procedures,
protocols, and laws.
- Applies the Mission and Values of SUN Behavioral Health to
personal practice and commits to service excellence.
- Supports and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through supply
usage, ordering of supplies, and conservation of facility
- Completes required trainings within defined time periods.
- Exemplifies professionalism through good attendance and
positive attitude, at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information,
following HIPAA and other privacy laws.
- Ensures proper documentation in all position activities,
following federal and state guidelines. Compassion (15% of
- Demonstrates accountability for ensuring the highest quality
patient care for patients.
- Willingness to be accepting of those in need, and to extend a
- Desire to go above and beyond for others
- Understanding and accepting of cultural diversity and
differences Qualifications Education
- Bachelors in Nursing or Masters degree in Psychology, Social
Work, or other mental health field, or current RN--in state of
- Preferred: Masters degree in Psychology, Social Work, or
Nursing, with a education license in the state of employment.
- Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
- Required: Three (3) years of previous management experience in
a healthcare setting or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Previous experience in a behavioral health
Keywords: SUN Behavioral Kentucky, Cincinnati , Admitting Department Manager, Executive , Erlanger, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!