Sr. Director, Application Solution Services
Company: Archer Daniels Midland
Posted on: February 25, 2021
KY - Kentucky Information Technology Job DescriptionSr.
Director, Application Solution ServicesThis is an exempt
--Position SummarySr. Director, Application Support Services will
be responsible for managing the delivery of application portfolio
initiatives and delivery--services. She/he will be accountable to
define, track and manage support services provided by internal ADM
support personnel and our strategic vendors. This position will
design and deliver support services necessary to enable the success
of our strategic global S/4Hana rollout working to retire legacy
ERP systems while maintaining the ecosystem of critical application
systems. This role will also play a key role in global SAP
transformation for which planning & roll-out is underway.Job
- Design and deliver support and service solutions for customers
in line with ADM and/or industry best practices
- Partner with key business/functional leaders and support teams
to design and deploy a global operational support model that
ensures value delivery of our business process and system
- Lead delivery approaches for a complex enterprise application
with SAP, JDE and bespoke applications across multiple technology
platforms (Wintel, Azure, AS400, Mainframe, VAX).
- Define delivery approaches for Enterprise applications
modernization and ERP transformation journey to non-SAP industry
leading solutions and S/4HANA for complex legacy portfolio.
- Manage third-party vendors related to application platforms for
lowering costs, ensuring scalability and global delivery.
- Strategize the appropriate coverage to meet business needs and
Service Level Agreements (SLAs); as well as to achieve excellence
in customer service
- Ensure that meaningful metrics related to established SLAs,
availability, capacity, and performance are captured, validated,
- Structure delivery approach, define and execute RFPs and right
- Look for opportunities to rationalize the application portfolio
and move functionality to ERP platforms
- Provide overall leadership and guidance on roadmap, solution
design, integration, architecture, infrastructure, reporting, data
migration integration and decommissioning.
- Guide the business in utilizing platform functionality to the
best extent possible, including the review of business processes
and system integration challenges.
- Deliver on multiple key initiatives in parallel in a
cost-effective offshore centric delivery model.
- Lead delivery approach of acquisition integrations for
enterprise application platforms.
- Collaborate with other leaders to prioritize programs and
- Lead the transformation to Scaled Agile delivery framework
- Manage software partner relationships to ensure alignment with
- Build and maintain relationships with business
- Team and organizational development, including hiring, setting
goals, tracking and managing performance to build and maintain a
high performing team.
- Project management, budget, and execution over the full project
- Prioritize work to ensure responsiveness and delivery on
- Responsible for effectively leading talent and driving an
engaged, high performing team environment. Responsible for managing
team, while working across internal COE's to deliver applications
to the business units to a high level of business stakeholder
satisfaction. Conduct performance reviews and hold colleagues
accountable for optimal performance of their
- Match resources and skills with Non-project support work (NPD)
and support work, manage stakeholder expectations, and deliver on
time and on budget and to the agreed upon scope.
- Initiate and seek approval for IT applications projects, while
leading the development of the schedule and budget for each.
- Collaborate with IT and business stakeholders to identify
strategic and innovative uses of technology to drive business
growth and profitability.
- Develop and monitor the approved annual operating and capital
budgets for the IT applications and projects supporting their
business functions.Job Requirements
- 10+ years of managing a large global team of IT applications
professionals before, balancing multiple high-impact projects while
supporting existing systems.
- Have established mechanisms of facilitating business
stakeholders through a collaborative process to guide value-based
prioritization of work for a limited pool of IT resources. A
thorough understanding of IT project management and operational
task prioritization is a must.
- 15+ years' experience in IT, 10+ in IT applications, including
extensive experience with on-premise and cloud SAP solutions
- 7+ years of experience in technical management, leading
stakeholders and team members through large complex system
implementations and integrations--
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Training or experience in project management and solution
delivery practices for both waterfall as well as Agile/DevOps
- Experience working with multiple vendors in delivering
enterprise services to support critical business applications
- Extensive experience with off the shelf applications, with
substantial experience with Software as a Service (SaaS)
applications. Deep experience with SAP and running a global single
instance environment is critical.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a
sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire
and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision,
goals, and values of the organization.
- Ability to work with and lead teams effectively, coupled with
an ability to effectively prioritize, focus and execute in a high
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in
high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving
- Excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects
under strict timelines, work well in a demanding dynamic
environment and meet overall objectives.
- Project management skills; financial/budget management,
scheduling & resource management.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional interdisciplinary
teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to
professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate
level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work
with little supervision.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and with
all levels of the organization and cope with rapidly changing
informationRelocation assistance may be available with this
This position offers a complete benefit package, including
401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug
screen and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran
status. About ADM: At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide
access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations,
a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any
taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an
edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow.
We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's
premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our
breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give
us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages,
health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the
outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world
over. Learn more at www.adm.com. EEO ADM is an equal opportunity
employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability and veterans status.
Keywords: Archer Daniels Midland, Cincinnati , Sr. Director, Application Solution Services, Executive , Erlanger, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!