Medical Case Manager - LSW
Company: Caracole Inc
Posted on: June 25, 2022
POSITION TITLE: MEDICAL CASE MANAGERREPORTS TO: Clinical
SupervisorsSUPERVISES: N/A POSITION SUMMARY:This position provides
medical case management services for individuals and families
living with HIV/AIDS. Medical Case Managers must adhere to all
standards of social work practice, educate those living with HIV
about the disease, facilitate access to medical care and
medications, and provide psychosocial support and referrals for a
broad range of all services. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide medical case management services, including
interviewing, assessment, service planning, referrals, follow-up
- Provide education regarding safer sex practices, medication
adherence and linkage to medical care.
- Participate in individual/group supervision meetings.
- Maintain client and statistical records as required by social
work practice, regulatory or funding agencies, and Caracole.
- Meet all required deadlines for documentation.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with Caracole
- Identify and pursue educational opportunities to promote
- Represent Caracole in the community.
- Provide transportation when needed.
- Other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS:A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, an
active LSW in Ohio, and two years' experience as a social worker.
Must possess excellent skills in interviewing, assessment, service
planning, service delivery and program evaluation. Knowledge about
HIV/AIDS service networks, entitlement programs and other community
services. Proven ability to work harmoniously with ethnically,
culturally, and racially diverse groups of individuals. REQUIRED
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in verbal, print, and
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft
- Read, write, speak and understand English with excellent verbal
and written communication skills.
- Sensitivity to persons living with chronic disease (HIV/AIDS
and/or addiction) and co-existing social, mental and physical
- Bilingual (Sp/En) preferred. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING
CONDITIONS:This position includes time spent working in office,
remote at home, and in the community. Work is generally 9-5 M-F.
The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk,
hear; use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, operate a
telephone, fax machine and computer. The employee is frequently
required to move throughout the building and to other sites in the
community. Some site visits may involve stairs. Employee must have
reliable transportation and ability to drive to other sites and
meetings as needed. Must have driver's license, insurance and
vehicle in order to transport clients. The employee must be able to
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. COVID 19 vaccination (or waiver)
required upon hire. SALARY AND BENEFITS:This position is full time,
hourly: $22.59 - 23.07/hr (approx. $47,000 - $48,000 annually)
based on Bachelor's or Master's degree. Benefits include Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, and 401K with a
company match. We are a progressive, dynamic human services
organization and a great place to work! Reflective of our strategic
and client needs, we are proactively seeking a diverse applicant
pool including applicants who are African American, English as a
Second Language speakers, immigrants, veterans, LGBTQ+, individuals
with disabilities and/or people with lived experience of HIV or
Keywords: Caracole Inc, Cincinnati , Medical Case Manager - LSW, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!