Chief Financial Officer
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position SummaryWe are looking for a dynamic Chief Financial
Officer (CFO) to provide strategic leadership, coordination, and
focus for financial activities across all business units and be an
active participant in the development of the company's Mission,
Vision, Strategy and Culture. The CFO position reports to the
company President, and is based at our headquarters in Cincinnati,
Ohio. The CFO will be a member of the Executive Team, directing and
overseeing the accounting and financial activities of our
company.The CFO is responsible for the financial well-being of the
organization including the accounting, treasury, and risk
management. The CFO will research and understand key economic and
business trends and utilize financial analysis in the development
of the organization's overall financial strategy. The CFO will
develop the metrics needed to monitor and support this strategy and
develop the control systems designed to preserve company assets and
report accurate financial results. The CFO is responsible for
building effective teams and partnering with executive leadership
in the development of new products, services, and offerings
Situation OverviewOur Client is a privately held company with a
long history of success and revenue in the $300M range. The company
is growing, profitable and has a positive and energetic employee
culture. Given our growth trajectory, we are adding the CFO
position to help optimize this growth well into the future. Today
the company has a strong accounting and finance team who report to
this position. These reports are highly capable in their respective
areas of expertise and, overall, the accounting and finance team
are a professional and well-run organization.The President is
looking for a right-hand partner regarding all facets of the
company's financial and business strategy. Someone who will work
with the Executive Team helping them to make optimal business
decisions that align with and support the strategic and business
plan initiatives of the company. Ideally, the CFO will have a
passion for innovation given the significant financial aspect to
our products and services. There is low relative turnover in the
management staff and the company is looking for someone with a
long-term view of this opportunity for their career.This is an
outstanding opportunity for the right CFO candidate because:
- They will be joining a highly complex company at a time of
significant growth where they can make a major impact.
- They will be joining a company with a long history of success,
a highly recognizable brand, and an exceptional growth
- They will be challenged to keep up with, and stay ahead of, the
continued rapid growth of the Business.
- They will report directly to the President as a key strategic
partner/advisor and be a member of the Company's Executive
- The company is looking for someone who wants a long-term career
with the Client and will grow with them. They are not looking for
someone who will see this as just a job.1. Strategy, Planning and
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner
to executive and senior and leadership team.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic
initiatives and operational models.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with
regards to long-term operational goals, budgets, and
- Provide insights and recommendations to both short-term and
long-term growth plans of organization.
- Manage critical banking relationships, consultants, and
auditors. Represent company to banks, financial partners,
institutions, investors, public auditors, and officials.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed
appropriate by senior leadership team.
- Act as a change-agent and an engaging mentor/coach who builds
confidence in and empowers his/her teams; one who builds a culture
of accountability, shares authority and removes obstacles to
- Develop KPIs that enhance the focus and performance of the
Finance and Treasury and Risk Management teams.2. Financial
Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Partner with the Executive team in the creation and management
of plans to achieve sustainable, profitable growth.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align
with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual
company operating budget.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports
including monthly profit and loss by business unit, forecast vs.
budget by business unit and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide
- Partner with the Executive Team in the identification,
assessment, definition, and development business initiatives,
product launches and/or new service offerings.3. Accounting,
General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Lead the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning
of all systems, databases, and financial software.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems,
processes, tools, and control systems.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls,
compliance, and financial procedures.
- Further strengthen the accounting and finance team over time
and continuously support development of the team's skills and
knowledge.4. Treasury and Risk Management
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide
recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to
provide financial insight into the organization's plans and
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state,
federal and local laws regarding company operations.5. Cash
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large
payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance
relating to the collection process.Position Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, advanced degree
such as an MBA is preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of senior level financial management experience
required and a minimum of 3 years as a CFO
- Preferred experience in privately held business
- Experience working with and presenting to board of directors,
the investment community, shareholders & professional service
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, with an
ability to develop and foster strong relationships with internal
and external stakeholders.
- High levels of familiarity with the use of financial data, and
a demonstrated ability to utilize it to validate/challenge
underlying assumptions and develop effective solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. A demonstrated track record
supporting a collaborative environment and successful relationship
- Intellectually curious. Dynamic change agent capable of
initiating and influencing accelerated evolution in support of
aggressive business objectives.
- Highly analytical with the ability to tell the story based on
the data and analytics.
- Strong executive management and operations skills. Able to
plan, control, direct and assess business operations.
- Strong problem-solving abilities. Able to solve problems and
deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Able to analyze risks and take appropriate
- Ability to adapt and prioritize in a deadline-driven
- Strong computer skills which include Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Demonstrated proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning
(ERP) software (NetSuite preferred).TravelApproximate 5% travel
Keywords: Confidential, Cincinnati , Chief Financial Officer, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!