Software Engineering Manager
Company: Divisions Maintenance Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Title: Software Development ManagerStatus: ExemptReports to:
Director of EngineeringJob Summary and MissionDivisions Maintenance
Group is revolutionizing the facilities maintenance Industry. Our
customers include nationwide retailers, warehouses, and multifamily
units, who rely on DMG's integrated services to provide quality
services inside and outside of their facilities - end to end.At
DMG, we work AS ONE. We work AS ONE for our Customers, Technicians,
and for each other. We produce Uninterrupted Peace of Mind through
sustainable partnerships and inspired team members.A manager in
this role will be leading a team of engineers, providing support in
delivering the invoicing and contract management solution on DMG
Pro. As a manager, you are ultimately accountable for the success
of the products and services delivered by your team. Working
collaboratively with other functions, this role is responsible for
crafting the strategic technology vision and roadmap guiding the
selection and definition of solutions enabling key business
capabilities aligned with strategic business objectives. Whether an
enterprise-wide system or a more targeted application, effective
solution management requires leadership through a strong customer
service orientation and continuous improvement mindset to
continually deliver enhanced capabilities elevating the user
experience. The ability to lead, influence, and partner effectively
with others is critical to success in this role. The manager
passionately fosters team member development in the context of a
high-performing team consistently delivering business value and
exceptional customer service.Summary of Key
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities and essential job functions
include but are not limited to the following:Leadership - Setting
goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and
modeling how we work together:
- Supports the Director of Engineering and Product in defining,
communicating, and garnering support in executing the vision and
roadmaps for DMG Technology with inputs from internal technical and
- Provide technical and business leadership to the team aiding in
- Establishes and maintains influential working relationships at
all levels necessary to successfully promote technology strategies,
compliance programs, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the
success of the Company.
- Innovation - Foster a culture of innovation and thought
leadership. Cultivate innovation concepts and provide opportunities
to transform ideas into technology solutions.
- Solutions Approach - During project definition/initiation,
accountable for defining high-level, shared vision/approach.
Thoughtfully coordinate deployment of technology solutions to
ensure an exceptional end-user experience.
- Communication - Communicates effectively with a positive
impact. Listens attentively, processes, and takes appropriate
action. Facilitates the discussion of conflicting issues between
individuals and across groups. Expresses ideas clearly in documents
and written communications. Plans communication that is clear in
purpose, and key messages while considering audience needs.
- Models and acts in accordance with DMG's culture and guiding
principles.Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and
operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and
- Prepares, communicates, and educates client groups and teams on
changes in policies and practices within the organization
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices
to ensure the team promotes a successful attitude, confidence in
leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and
practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business
goals and objectives.
- Technology Leadership - Coordinates effective platform
management across peer technology functions - solution
architecture, application development/engineering, quality
assurance. Understands, supports, and coordinates potential
dependencies across solution design, development, testing,
deployment, support, and maintenance activities.
- Service Management - Responsible for management of application
configuration and services enabling required business capabilities.
Develops and maintains personal and team expertise for respective
technology solutions, business functions, and processes. Acts as a
focal point for the solutions and provides a platform point of view
for cross-cutting work, issues, and decisions.
- Support/Sustainment - Partners with relevant support functions
to establish a holistic support model optimizing partner talent
with support options. Performs root cause analysis of issues and
assesses trends to identify required future investments.Development
& Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and
developmental opportunities to build a high-performing team:
- Be the technical mentor of the team.
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to team
members in order to achieve partners, business, and customer
- Our partners are key to our success: engage continuously to
attract and develop talent with business acumen, technical
expertise, and thought leadership. Responsible for recruitment and
selection through talent career management.
- Performance Management - Accountable for the productivity, work
quality, collaboration, and positive, engaging behavior of team
members. Provides partners with coaching, feedback, and
developmental opportunities supporting career development and the
formation of effective teams. Ability to manage teams comprised of
functional, technical, and/or analytical professionals at a variety
- Talent Development - Plans future talent requirements to
support technology strategy and delivery roadmaps. Identifies
required skills and determines the approach to address gaps via
partner development and/or incremental talent acquisition.Basic
QualificationsSkills (minimum skills required):
- Demonstrated ability to lead geographically distributed
engineering teams and get hands-on as needed to deliver
customer-facing features (2 years)
- ---Demonstrated ability to use analytics and optimization tools
to inform product planning and prioritization (2 years)
- 10+ years of experience delivering solutions
- 5+ years of working on tools and solution development in any
public cloud experience
- 5+ years minimum experience as an engineer with any modern
language (C#, .NET, Java, or equivalent)Required Knowledge, Skills,
- Expert knowledge of Agile SCRUM solution design/development
methodology and practices.
- Expert knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design
and service management practices.
- Expert knowledge of deploying solutions leveraging cloud
principles and security practices
- Ability to leverage business knowledge, sound judgment, and
resourcefulness to determine the appropriate course of action in
challenging, ambiguous situations.
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business
principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in
cross-functional projects and activities
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated application of all facets of
systems development lifecycle and technology operations.
- Leadership in the utilization of user-centric design concepts
in conjunction with agile prototyping, development, and testing to
deploying highly engaging technology solutions to the end user.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to
engage with and present ideas to senior leadership.
- Provides key input to facilitate the decision-making process.At
DMG: we exist to provide uninterrupted peace of mind for our
customers and for each other. All the way, every day. If you have
the courage to hold yourself accountable, if you can help drive our
growth by identifying new customers, maintaining and servicing
valued ones, and achieving strategic goals to benefit your bottom
line and ours, if you want to work in a fast-paced, positive
environment, you WILL be rewarded.No limits. No excuses.Divisions
Maintenance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Divisions Maintenance Group, Cincinnati , Software Engineering Manager, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!