Director of Nursing (DON)
Company: Astoria Place of Cincinnati
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Astoria Place of Cincinnati is now a part of Allure Health Care
Services, and is extremely excited to be a part of such a wonderful
community. At Allure the focus is providing quality care, and being
a family. Being a family to, the residents, to the families of
those residents, and being family of staff that work together as a
team to provide the highest quality of care. Astoria Place of
Cincinnati is looking for a compassionate and caring Director of
Nursing who is interested in making a difference in the lives of
our residents and their families. POSITION SUMMARY: The DIRECTOR of
NURSING (DON) plans, organizes, develops, and directs the overall
operation of the Nursing Services department to ensure the highest
degree of quality resident care in accordance with all laws,
regulations, and Company standards. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must be able to conduct and administer fiscal operations,
including accounting, planning budgets, authorizing expenditures,
establishing rates for services, and coordinating financial
- Must be able to collect, analyze, and manage data.
- Must be able to direct, supervise and evaluate work activities
of medical, nursing, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and
- Must be able to maintain communication between medical staff
and department heads by coordinating interdepartmental
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and
procedures of the Nursing Services department.
- Must be able to recruit, select, hire, train, evaluate,
counsel, and supervise Nursing staff.
- Must be able to review and analyze facility activities and data
to aid planning and cash and risk management and to improve service
- Must be able to plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate,
establish benchmarks, and direct professional and non-professional
- Must be able to maintain awareness of advances in medicine,
computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing
technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and
- Must be able to monitor the use of diagnostic services,
inpatient beds, facilities, and staff to ensure effective use of
resources and assess the need for additional staff, equipment, and
- Must be able to develop and maintain computerized record
management systems to store and process data such as personnel
activities and information, and to produce reports.
- Must be able to prepare activity reports to inform management
of the status and implementation plans of programs, services, and
- Must be able to inspect facilities and recommend building or
equipment modifications to ensure emergency readiness and
compliance to access, safety, and sanitation regulations.
- Must be able to develop and implement organizational policies
and procedures for the facility or medical unit.
- Must be able to consult with medical, business, and community
groups to discuss service problems, respond to community needs,
enhance public relations, coordinate activities and plans, and
promote health programs.
- Must be able to develop instructional materials and conduct
in-service and community-based educational programs.
- Must be able to develop or expand and implement medical
programs or health services that promote research, rehabilitation,
and community health.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians,
Nursing staff, and other professional and non-professional
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as
well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing
functions in the long-term care facility.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work
harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional
- Must understand and follow company policies, including
harassment and complaint procedures.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Must be able to assign appropriate level of CNAs, RNs, and LPNs
- Must be able to direct care provided by Nursing staff.
- Must be able to provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills, good
judgment, and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to communicate and function in an
interdisciplinary team. ADDITIONAL BONUSES OFFERED, PLEASE INQUIRE.
Education: Registered Nurse; BSN preferred. Experience: Two to four
years related experience; 5 years strongly preferred. Certificates
- Must be currently registered/licensed with applicable
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain it during
orientation. CPR certification must remain current during
employment. Benefits: 401k matching of 3% Vacation, Sick, and
Holiday Pay Health, Dental, Vision, Disability insurance Job Type:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance Schedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday On call
Keywords: Astoria Place of Cincinnati, Cincinnati , Director of Nursing (DON), Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!