Manager, Program Management
Company: Life Technologies
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $40 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them. What Will You Do?
- Oversees customer Program Management for the Cincinnati site
and executes customer portfolio strategy.
- Leads a team of 6-14 direct reports
- Client Services Leaders and Project Managers who are
responsible for customer account and project management.
- Manages talent development, workload leveling, conflict
resolution and cross-training.
- Drives accountability through people management and coaching
one-on-ones, performance reviews (JPRs), Work Day (HR Information
System) and individual development plans.
- Supports site-wide service revenue and is responsible for
execution of project and contract deliverables in development and
commercial as well as continuous improvement of work processes to
remove barriers and increase productivity.Essential Functions:
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the
following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering
staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to
succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving
organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their
diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving
engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do
- Responsible for driving project and service deliverables
through 6-14 business and project management professionals. Reviews
service revenue and maximizes opportunities to deliver against the
sites annual operating goals.
- Owns and manages the firm period revenue forecast for site
services. This includes performing risk evaluations and making
risk-based adjustments to the forecast. Manage individual
performance on services revenue forecasting, provides training and
coaching for achieving desired accuracy.
- Directs activities of a broad functional area; Guides staff to
achieve tactical and strategic business goals; responsible for
results: service revenue projection and deliverables, project
management execution, Customer Allegiance Score.
- Oversees program management execution for site project
portfolio following best practices and established systems. Leads
the team to resolve project issues and resource constraints
affecting the program with assistance from upper management.
Manages planning and scheduling conflicts among the project
- Supports growth by identifying cross business unit
opportunities and by driving change of scope closure, project
expansion and contract compliance opportunities. Effectively
partners with business manager to manage customer relationships,
escalations and drive growth opportunities.
- Ensures that employees are fully trained on the strategy and
tools to be leveraged with each customer. Partners with PPI to
establish robust business work processes; improve consistency in
delivery and overall productivity.
- Drives patient and customer-centric culture within the team and
accountability of team to support customer service activities and
customer escalations. Reviews survey feedback and trends, partners
with customer experience management lead at site as well as site
leadership to drive initiatives that will improve the customer
- Develops and executes staffing plan to ensure each member of
the team has necessary skills for the team to meet or exceed the
needs of the organization; Manages the team using talent
development plans, succession planning, workload leveling,
onboarding, coaching & feedback and talent assessment.
- Champions cross-functional partnership and alignment to resolve
priority conflicts, collaborate and establish new initiatives to
improve work processes and fosters sharing and reapplication of
best practices among the team.
How Will You Get There?
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Business or related field. MBA
- 7+ years of experience working in a technical environment with
exposure to projects and clients required. Prefers 2 years of
people management experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant
work experience may be considered.
Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an
unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Job CategoryProduct Management, Project Management, Research &
DevelopmentThermo Fisher Scientificis an EEO/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
Keywords: Life Technologies, Cincinnati , Manager, Program Management, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!