Company: Gillman Home Center
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Store Mgr position is responsible for providing excellent
customer service and treating our employees as our #1
- Embody the GHC culture of treating our team members as our #1
- Greet and assist customers in a positive, approachable manner.
Answer questions and resolve customer concerns.
- Maintain a positive presence in the store by providing
excellent customer service. Hold team members accountable for
providing exceptional customer service.
- Assist and support the General Manager in all aspects of store
- With guidance from General Manager, help supervise, train and
develop store and lumber yard team members on policies and
- Regularly walk the store and yard to find and address
- Ensure a clean, well-stocked and merchandised store for
- Manage inventory to keep optimal amount of stock on hand to
maximize turns and profit, while maintaining adequate on
- Assist in and manage the process of unloading freight and
- Assist General Manager and Office Manager with administrative
tasks. These can include; order stock, record keeping, running and
analyzing reports, payroll, scheduling, register balancing and
- Support General Manager in loss prevention efforts.
- Work with merchandiser and store management to maintain
promotional and permanent displays.
- Maintain assigned department(s).
- Uphold safety standards and help administer safety
- Assume certain management responsibilities in absence of
- Ensure a safe working environment. Maintain situational
awareness. Identify and report any safety issues or concerns to
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.Work Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when
- Proficient with computer skills.Supervisory Responsibility:
This position manages all store and yard staff.Physical
The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical
requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout the retail
and lumber yard space.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs at times.Position Type and
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, scheduled 45 hours/week. Days and
hours of work vary. Must be available to work days, evenings and
weekends.Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 + years of Retail Experience (preferred in hardware/lumber
- Experience supervising employees a plus.
- Management experience a plus.Benefits Offered:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability,
Cancer coverage, Accident Coverage, Life Insurance
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Free $15k Life Insurance Plan
- Employee discount
- Vacation timeGillman Home Center provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, political
affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Gillman Home Center, Cincinnati , Store Manager, Executive , Batesville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...