Plumbing Division Manager- Cincinnati, OH
Company: EMCOR Group Inc.
Posted on: September 15, 2023
DescriptionDeBra-Kuempel Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of
EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of
mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services,
including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance.
DeBra-Kuempel combines the expertise of two of the tri-state's
oldest and most innovative companies, providing mechanical and
electrical services to Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Evansville,
Lexington, Louisville, and the surrounding areas.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Responsible for achieving the Plumbing Departments annual sales
and operating income goals.
- Oversee the daily operations construction projects and service
customers including but not limited to planning of divisional
budgets, providing advice, conflict resolution, management of staff
and maintain division standards and quality of work.
- Provide a division accountability chart.
- Lead, Manage and hold staff accountable.
- Hire resources as outlined in the Accountability Chart. i.e.,
service manager and project manager.
- Collect historical cost data from past plumbing divisional
budgets to determine / forecast future budgets.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments,
or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as
planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time,
cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and
subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Review contract and bid documents; review and understand scope
for project turnover.
- Attend walk-throughs, pre-bid and scope clarification
- Quantitative take-off and computer entry.
- Prepare scope letters and proposals.
- Negotiate contracts (both with customers and vendors) to
- Track and analyze the department's job cost, monthly forecasts,
billings, and cash collections.
- Leading people and inspiring growth, profitability and
confidence while establishing a culture of accountability
throughout the division.
- Maintain relationships with customers (internal / external),
General Contractors, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Coordinate the efforts of junior and staff-level resources in
performing take-offs, issuing bills of material to vendors and
obtaining subcontractor quotes.
- Coordinate efforts with the Engineering Department and project
and service managers.
- Ensure documents are centrally saved in the company's drive
within the confidential estimating folder(s).
- Assist project managers with takeoffs and pricing changes in
- Escalate critical and/or sensitive issues to the Shared
Services Operations Manager of Preconstruction with recommendation
- Comply with all Company operating policies, procedures, and
safety programs as established.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the
company or as directed by executives. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS To
perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of the plumbing industry and contract
- Working knowledge of federal, state and city regulations and
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Engineering or
construction related field desirable.
- 5 years related experience in the plumbing industry.Notice to
prospective employees:There have been fraudulent postings and
emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies -list
open positions here . Please check our available positions to
confirm that a post or email is genuine. EMCOR Group and its
companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or
other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services
outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the
talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth
and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: EMCOR Group Inc., Cincinnati , Plumbing Division Manager- Cincinnati, OH, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!