Senior Manager, Electrical Engineering
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Location: Camp Dennison
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Description: Job Title: Sr. Manager, Focal Plane Array
EngineeringReq Number: IMS20231707-103555Job Location: Mason,
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse,
high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our
employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers'
mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an
inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and
promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an
unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and
commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies: L3Harris Technologies is an agile
global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering
end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs.
The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies
across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has
approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees,
with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Description: The FPA Department Manager will lead a
multi-dimensional team of FPA Development Engineers, Readout
Integrated Circuit (ROIC) Designers, Device Physicists, Electrical
Engineers, IC Test and Design Engineers and Systems Engineers
located in Mason, OH and Plano, TX including some remote teams.
We are looking for an inspiring leader with in-depth Focal Plane
Array or IR imaging sensor expertise to drive success on mission
critical projects by leading the design, development and
integration of our Focal Plane Array and Readout Integrated Circuit
(ROIC) efforts. Your cumulative background in product development,
engineering tools and processes, and functional leadership will
compliment your ability to work closely with customers and
Line-of-Business leadership to define requirements, develop
architectures, and oversee successful design and integration of
complex infrared focal plane array and readout circuits.
- Plans, manages and directs the overall product development
activities of the team
- Communicates directly with the technical customer community to
establish requirements and convey project status
- Analyzes designs as necessary to ensure compliance with
performance, cost, schedule and risk objectives
- Works with technical leaders across the organization to develop
product roadmaps and define strategy
- Participates in the preparation of ROMs, bids and proposals,
including generation of engineering BOEs
- Provide mentoring and career counseling to engineering staff as
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant
experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior
related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 16 years of
prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD
Top Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship
- Experience leading multi-discipline technical teams to solve
complex problems and achieve results
- Experience working directly with government customers on
development and/or production contracts
- Knowledge of infrared detector products, including Readout
Integrated Circuits, Focal Plane Array Technologies, camera
integration and calibration techniques
- Familiarity with Infrared Sensor systems and system
- Experience across the full lifecycle of silicon devices from
fundamental research and prototyping through volume production of
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Cincinnati , Senior Manager, Electrical Engineering, Executive , Camp Dennison, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!