College Graduates - Operations Manager - Venture For America Fellow
Company: Venture for America
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Are you happiest when you're building something? Do you want to make a real impact at a startup? Are you ready to join a supportive community of entrepreneurs who are creating jobs in American cities?
Venture For America is your path to a fast-paced, high-growth career in startups. As a VFA Fellow, you'll learn from world-class entrepreneurs and business leaders at our intensive Training Camp before starting a full-time salaried position at a startup in one of 14 US cities. On the job, you'll roll up your sleeves and learn how to build a business by apprenticing to an experienced entrepreneur. We support Fellows with ongoing mentorship, our network of Alumni & advisors, and help fund their ideas when they're ready to start businesses of their own. If you are resilient, a lifelong learner, and want to build something of your own one day, VFA is the path for you.
Venture For America empowers the next generation to become leaders by helping them launch their own companies, create opportunities for themselves and add value to their local communities.
THE FELLOWSHIP TIMELINE:
- Immediately after accepting your offer: Join a close-knit community of talented peers, mentors, and advisors that includes experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts.
- Spring 2019: Find a great job at a startup by pitching to your choice of hundreds of vetted startup opportunities using a platform just for Fellows. The VFA team is there along the way to support you as you craft your resume and pitch companies, helping to ensure you find the right fit.
- July 2019: Training Camp. This rigorous month long training program includes multi-day workshops and group and individual challenges, and features sessions led by Flatiron School, IDEO, McKinsey, and noteworthy entrepreneurs and investors. It's also a great opportunity to get to know the other Fellows and the VFA team.
- August 2019: Move to the city in which you've accepted a job, and begin working at your new company.
- August 2019-July 2021: As you work full-time, follow a robust two-year curriculum with opportunities for ongoing skill and character development, along with events and programs to keep you plugged into the VFA network. Launch projects or ventures of your own using resources, like our annual crowdfunding competition and our $20K Social Enterprise Award for pro-social projects and businesses.
ALUMNI HAVE ACCESS TO:
- VFA Seed Fund: Access to a pool of investment money for launching Fellow-led companies.
- VFA Accelerator: A full-time, residential accelerator that helps Fellow founders refine their business models, prepare for meetings with outside investors, and launch their businesses the right way.
- VFA Alumni Network: Opportunities to stay connected through alumni boards, events, on-campus recruitment, mentoring younger Fellows, and more.
Our application consists of an activities submission, written application, a Skype interview, and a full-day in-person interview.
**The next deadline to join the Class of 2019 is Tuesday, November 13th at 11:59 PM ET.**
Keywords: Venture for America, Cincinnati , College Graduates - Operations Manager - Venture For America Fellow, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!