Vice President of Advance Practice Nursing
Company: Bon Secours Mercy
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Job Description Two mission-focused systems have joined together to form Bon Secours Mercy Health. Upon completion of our merger, our new system includes 43 hospitals serving 7 states on the East Coast. Our mission to extend the compassionate ministry of Jesus by improving the health and well-being of our communities and bring good help to those in need will continue to be carried out by the hearts and hands of our combined 57,000 employees daily.This is an exciting time for our ministry as it allows those continuing in their role as well as those new to the organization to create policies and set the standard for our new system that is ranked as one of the top 20 health systems in the nation. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit resume below. POSITION SUMMARYThis position has accountability to provide ministry leadership, strategic and operational direction for nursing, advanced practice clinicians, and clinical care delivery across the medical group practice settings and care continuum. This position has accountability, under the direction of the Chief Nursing and Quality Officer and Medical Group Chief Operating Officer, to effectively execute the safety and quality agenda and system standards of practice to ensure safety, quality, and experience of care at every point of service as well as employee and partner safety across the group entities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops, under the direction of the Chief Nursing and Quality Officer, Medical Group Chie Operating Officer and system clinical executives, and executes patient safety and quality initiatives for the group to drive results with a focus in the areas of safety/reliability, experience of care, informatics, care coordination, and population health.
- Coordinates and works in concert with Chief Nursing Officers, providers, leaders, and staff in the group to orchestrate and coordinate the desired level of clinical quality and safety, ensure consistency and minimize variation in the experience of care
- Within the assigned group, promotes and enhances a culture of evidence-based decision making in clinical and management initiatives. Articulates and models an emphasis on patient quality and safety. Demonstrates this understanding by effectively managing risk
- Leads process improvements in the group focused on innovative care delivery and/or operational models designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient safety. Promotes a patient-centered, healing environment
- Implements system performance measures, assesses and evaluates operations, and works with department management to assure efficient and effective delivery of services.
- Represents nursing and quality in group interprofessional forums including medical executive committees, group/facility board of director meetings and committees, and other group/market/facility nursing and quality committees as necessary to drive results. Develops a community presence and builds connections with academic institutions JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Masters of Nursing is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner
- A minimum of 10 years of clinical experience as an Advanced Practice Nurse and certification
- A minimum of 7 years of leadership experience with significant business impact
- Position must sit in one of Bon Secours Mercy Health markets with 50% travel to other markets within the system
Keywords: Bon Secours Mercy, Cincinnati , Vice President of Advance Practice Nursing, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!