Senior Manager, Accounting - Relocate to Richmond, VA
Posted on: March 18, 2019
You will support the Alternative Assets and broader fixed maturity investment teams in navigating developments in US GAAP, IFRS, and Statutory accounting and reporting, including end to end process and business implications.
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of new standards or updates and become fluent in sharing them with colleagues and management informally and formally while driving implementation and change
- Identify end to end process implications and risks related to change and proactively address them with business partners collaboratively
- Review technical methodologies for appropriateness and alignment with standards
- Review policy and control documentation for sufficiency, identifying and filling any shortcomings
- Identify risk based control activities, including controls around data, models, and assumptions, and design those controls efficiently and effectively
- Execute and review control activity documentation at a granular level and enhance that documentation to meet standards
- Critically assess current risk environments for optimization opportunities and implement change where it creates value
- Perform and review accounting and reporting tasks and analysis with an emphasis on process improvement, value based change and enhancement, automation, and alignment with standards
- Manage projects towards completion and high quality results, coordinating team members and business partners towards a collective goal
- Act as a valuable resource for the broader organization for guidance, coaching, and support
- Support routine and new audit requests proactively and efficiently
- 5 years of accounting or finance experience in an agile environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and problem solving skills
- CPA, MBA, Insurance, Investments, or public accounting experience
Employer Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Employer traces its roots back to 1871.
The mission of Employer's US Life business is to develop solutions that meet the financial challenges of aging, including individual and group long term care insurance, annuities, life insurance and new innovative products over time.
We know we can't deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That's why we're committed to creating a work environment that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees' well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we're dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.
Keywords: Genworth, Cincinnati , Senior Manager, Accounting - Relocate to Richmond, VA, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!