Associate Manager, Category Management & Shopper Insights
Company: Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more
than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile,
who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for
generations. The cooperatives cranberries are currently featured in
more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over
100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly
20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to
managing our business in a way that respects our communities,
colleagues and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our colleagues are our best assets and we
offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart,
innovative and passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean
Spray products around the world. If you are looking for a rewarding
career where you can Grow, Own, Live and Drive your career every
day, Ocean Spray is for you!
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is currently looking for an Associate
Manager, Category Management to support our Kroger business. This
Associate Manager should be highly skilled in the use of analytical
tools, combining disparate pieces of data and insights into a
holistic story, and can operate in a highly effective manner with
both internal and external partners.
The position is located in Cincinnati, OH.
A Day in the Life of an Associate Manager, Category Management &
- Provide category management support to Ocean Sprays business at
Kroger, including reporting, trend analysis, Category Review &
reset process, and special analysis.
- Utilize multiple data sources to develop comprehensive
go-to-market category strategies, spanning across product,
placement, price, and promotion.
- Evaluating assortment opportunities, performing space to sales
analyses, recommending best in class shelving strategies based on
shopper and shelving research.
- Continually identify creative and improved methods and
approaches of category management for retailers, which will lead to
sustainable category growth and better business relationships.
- Approach strategic projects with confidence; applying
creativity and project management skills through ideation,
development, piloting, and test & learn.
- Use your category expertise, intellect, emotional intelligence,
and pro-active communication skills to effectively partner with key
stakeholders to drive category growth.
What We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years Category Management experience, Food & Beverage
- Expertise with IRI/Nielsen POS, 84.51--, and Market 6 are a
- Ability to sell an idea persuasively and collaborate with
- Must be knowledgeable in gathering and interpreting syndicated
data, as well as consumer & shopper insights to create strategies,
tactics, and recommendations
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both
verbally and written
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated, a strategic thinker,
possess strong analytical skills, and works well
- Bachelors degree required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
Keywords: Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc., Cincinnati , Associate Manager, Category Management & Shopper Insights, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!