Area Mechanic Training Manager
Company: Loves Travel Stops & Country Store
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Req ID: 122045
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: The Area Mechanic Training Manager will
train and develop the mechanics of multiple tire care centers.
JOB SUMMARY: The Area Mechanic Training Manager will be responsible
for support, design and delivery of various training programs as
they relate to our Tire Care business.
* Responsible for administering a mechanical training program for
tire care mechanics to ensure consistency across all tire care
* Work with the field training department to put together training
materials and utilize the various training tools - computer based
training, quick reference guides, and hands on training
* Utilize the Learning Management System to verify training is
complete and consistent
* Implement, deliver and follow up training to all tire care
mechanics within assigned region or area
* Travel to train current and new mechanics within the
* Responsible for ensuring all mechanics within assigned region or
area are properly trained
* Develop assessment or metrics to measure the success of the
training program with new mechanics
* Serve as a resource and point of contact for all mechanics within
assigned region or area
* Assist mechanics to troubleshoot and problem solve
* Promote safety-first work practices. Maintain and encourage safe
facilities to remain accident free
* Work with Area Tire Care Managers, District Managers and local
Tire Care Managers to recognize and resolve customer issues or
complaints in a timely manner
* Collaborate with Area Tire Care Managers, District Managers, and
local Tire Care Managers to ensure the tire care shops are clean,
organized and secure.
* Delegate tasks as needed and follow-up to ensure completion
* Maintain personal grooming standards
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* 10+ years' experience working with heavy duty truck repairs and
* 2+ years' working in a supervisory, leadership or training role
with a basic understanding of effectively training employees
* A/C certification required
* ASE certification or other work related certification
* Must have valid driver's license
* Must have clean and consistent motor vehicle record in accordance
with Company standards
* Must be able to obtain a CDL class A license
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Hard Skills: Ability to perform and teach mechanical diesel
repairs, basic housekeeping tasks, repair and maintenance
procedures, knowledge of electrical breakers, scissor lift
operation, and safety glasses/vest usage, computer skills including
Microsoft products, AS400, and various computer programs used
within the company
* Soft Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
leadership skills and ability to work with different personalities,
time management skills, organization skills, sense of urgency,
ability to teach or demonstrate tasks and strong work ethic.
Typical Physical Demands:
* Regularly required to talk and hear at a normal range
* Very active and requires standing, walking, bending and driving
for extended periods of time.
* Frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently exposed to outdoor elements in all seasons.
Occasionally, the employee will also be exposed to fumes and
particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level
in the work environment can be loud at times. While performing the
duties, the employee is frequently exposed to dirt, dust, grime,
grease, oil, gas, high-concentrated cleaning solutions.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Extensive travel is required for this position
(up to 5 days per week). This position will also require frequent
phone calls at various times of day or night.
EEO STATEMENT: Love's Travel Stops Inc. and Its Affiliates provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national
origin, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, the Company complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training.
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on
receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen.
Job Function(s): [[mfield1]]
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at
Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future.
We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern
facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's
has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling
stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel
Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional
amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking
supplies, showers and more.
Keywords: Loves Travel Stops & Country Store, Cincinnati , Area Mechanic Training Manager, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!