Group Sales Manager
Company: The Westin Cincinnati
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-OH-Cincinnati# of Openings: 1Category:
Sales/MarketingPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status:
Few earn the chance to offer exceptional quality service due in
part to the longevity of those who join our team. Associate's
average over a decade of experience with The Westin Cincinnati
rating us above our regional area in associate satisfaction within
HEI Hotels & Resorts as a great place to work. Compensation ranks
us as very competitive in the downtown market with a full scale of
health & welfare benefits. Paid days off for vacation and sick time
along with holiday pay is available. The 401(k) retirement plan has
company based matching contributions. And being a well-known global
brand allows you be part of the largest hotel company in the world
with access to over 30 brands in total using our generous hotel
At Westin, discover a place where you are given a choice, not just
to get up, but to rise.
Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past
and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or
exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new group sales accounts,
entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing accounts
to meet and exceed revenue goals in rooms, food, beverage, and room
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue
goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site
inspections and written communication.
- Advanced level of producing room, banquet, and room rental
revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive
prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts,
negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both
orally and in written form to previous, current and potential
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of
solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate
various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as
deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of
service to customers.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports
and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention
meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key
customers of the hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of past sales experience preferred.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Must
possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi. Advanced knowledge of sales
skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Advanced knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
- Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their
job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure
accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized,
complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: The Westin Cincinnati, Cincinnati , Group Sales Manager, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!