Business Development Director- Retail
Company: Tephra Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Job Title: Business Development Director, Retail Reports to: Head
of Sales, Retail Location Options: MidWest,
- Locations that are acceptable: preferred location is OH, but
open to WI, MN or IL as well
- Candidates that have sold into Retail, or have good connections
there would be a plus
- candidates from consulting giants will be preferred Position
Summary The Business Development Director position is a key sales
role within the CLIENT Retail Unit sales team for North America,
responsible for executing regional sales and business development
strategies for target companies within the Retail Unit. The
candidate will play a hunter role, responsible for acquiring new
clients for CLIENT. The candidate will target sales of CLIENT s
entire portfolio of IT Outsourcing services including Consulting,
BPO, ADM, IS and Engineering Services for targeted firms. The
position s primary responsibility is to achieve new sales results
for CLIENT services in the sales regions identified above. The
candidate will develop revenue-producing relationships with
decision-making CxO level executives at targeted firms, as well as
drive the sales cycle of all assigned sales opportunities from
initial prospect communication through contract execution. The role
is supported by on-site and offshore Pre-Sales & Solutioning teams.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets established
by the Retail Sales Head and execute business development, offering
positioning and sales strategies as a member of the sales team for
- Achieve lead generation, prospecting and other sales management
goals designed to build an optimal sales pipeline.
- Personally develop strong, long-term relationships and
referrals with senior management at targeted firms
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for all opportunities
including initial client communication, on-site presentations, RFI
response, multi-day client workshops, RFP submission, negotiation
and deal signing. The candidate is the focal point for all
communication and sales activities with prospects and
- Work in close collaboration with CLIENT presales team &
delivery teams to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully
meet customers business and technology needs.
- Provide support to customers during initial phases of an
engagement. Follow up and ensure total client satisfaction through
the life cycle of the relationship.
- Support the team s market research and competitive positioning
analysis in partnership with regional presales, marketing and
product development staff.
- Adhere to all CLIENT Sales, Human Resource, and corporate
ethical policies, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrate strong personal communication and presentation
skills to establish interest, credibility and trust. Skill and
- Strong hunter profile with a proven track record of success in
selling technology outsourcing services into the Retail
- Demonstration of a consistent over-achievement of client
acquisition and sales revenue targets.
- At least 8 years of experience in selling IT services within
the region, preferably working in a leading IT services & products
firm with prior experience of working with offshore teams.
- Strong local contact base and access to alumni, local
associations, industry associations within the region.
- Good understanding of the Retail industry.
- Experience with vendor selection processes including RFI and
RFP issuance and response management;
- Experience of working on opportunities run by Third Party
Advisory Firms such as TPI, Equaterra , etc
- Understanding of customer decision making criteria as it
pertains to offshore services, consulting, enterprise
- Ability to maintain strong sales management focus during sales
cycles that are typically six months to one year in duration.
- Demonstrated ability to manage often complex negotiations with
senior-level business and technology executives at leading Retail
- Thorough command of English, both written and spoken. Travel
- The candidate is expected to travel regularly to regional
prospect and customer locations to support lead generation, sales
presentations, contract negotiations, engagement implementation,
and ongoing relationship building. Education Requirements
- Bachelor s degree required. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Tephra Inc., Cincinnati , Business Development Director- Retail, Executive , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!