RN OP Wound Care HBO - PRN
Company: St. Elizabeth Healthcare
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Description Job Description: The licensed registered nurse
is a professional nurse who is responsible and accountable for
providing evidence-based clinical care to designated patients
utilizing the nursing process. The registered nurse is responsible
to delegate tasks appropriately to other licensed and unlicensed
health care team members. This position may also act in the dual
role of Hyperbaric Registered Nurse (HRN). In addition to
responsibilities of the Outpatient Wound Care Registered Nurse, the
HRN acts as the attendant and control operator of the hyperbaric
oxygen (HBO) chamber under the direction of the HBO physician. Job
Duties: Patient Care:
- Utilizes the nursing process in the care, counsel, and health
teaching of the patient with chronic wounds to develop and
implement a plan of care for each patient. Incorporates knowledge
and understanding of clinical practice guidelines for wound care.
Determines appropriate nursing interventions to meet each patient
outcome. Ensures the plan of care provides for the maintenance of
health and prevention of illness. Incorporates into the patients'
plan aspects of cultural sensitivity, diversity, and
non-discriminatory terms and approaches.
- Maintains current skills, knowledge, and competencies in
chronic wound care. Utilizes evidence-based practice, research,
clinical judgment, and nursing skills based upon the principles of
psychological, biological, physical, and social science in planning
and providing nursing care.
- Documents care accurately.
- Exhibits critical thinking and problem solving skills to
assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care.
- Serves as the patient's advocate.
- Responsible for the supervising, teaching, mentoring, and
delegating to licensed and unlicensed personnel, based on their
training and education.
- Works collaboratively with physicians and other
interdisciplinary team members to plan and deliver care.For the
- Understands the role of HBO therapy, including approved
clinical indications, contraindications and treatment protocols for
- Monitors and ensures the proper delivery of the HBO
- Monitors patient during HBO treatments for adverse reactions
and appropriately intervenes by following established
- Demonstrates proficiency in the administration of medication,
wound care treatments and/or hyperbaric oxygen treatments as
prescribed by physicians, or advanced registered nurse
practitioners. Responsible for preparing and administering
treatments in the prescribed dosage, route, frequency and
observing, recording, and reporting responses, untoward reactions,
and side effects of therapy.
- Contacts appropriate Management/Administrative Staff (chain of
command) as any need arises.Utilizes and implements current safety
practices and procedures to ensure safe delivery of care. Organizes
and prioritizes work to provide patient care
- in a safe environment.For the HRN:Demonstrates safe operation
of all HBO chamber equipment and associated supplies.
- Participates in unit based PI activities to positively impact
patient outcomes. Monitors and evaluates quality of care with focus
on patient safety and clinical practice guidelines by identifying
areas for improvement and assisting in developing action
- Utilizes Evidence-Based Practice to achieve desired quality
- Serves as a clinical resource to unit/department and to new
- Meets customer needs in a positive and professional manner.
Exhibits excellent verbal and telephone communication skills with
- Assists with adherence to Joint Commission, state and other
- Utilizes the ICARE values in all interactions.Personal Growth &
- Maintains licensure/certification and completes all mandatory
Classes, MID, leadership development education, in-service
programs, and programs intended to enhance skills pertinent to
assigned clinical area.
- Participates in unit/department/health system
committees/councils, as assigned.
- Participates in community activities and professional
organizations to enhance the visibility of the health system and to
promote the positive image of nursing
- Stays current related to unit/department/health system
activities, policy and procedure changes, regulatory requirements,
and KBN regulations.Financial Responsibility:
- Supports in maintaining budget(s) within established target(s)
by assisting with setting priorities, appropriately allocating
resources, and completing charges.
- Supports the department and health system financial and
productivity goals by utilizing supplies and resources in a
cost-effective manner, facilitating patient throughput, documenting
thoroughly, and consistently being on time and
productive.Qualifications Qualifications: Education, Credentials,
- Graduate from accredited School of Nursing, licensed to
practice in the state of Kentucky.
- Meets contact hour requirements for licensure, including all
- Focus of education promotes nurses' ability to practice in
clinical area assigned.
- As HRN, able to complete or completion of Undersea Hyperbaric
Medicine Society (UHMS) approved HBO Team Training
Course.Specialized Knowledge: Knowledgeable regarding basic wound
care principles and practices.Kind and Length of Experience:
- Successful completion of preceptorship and orientation to the
health system and clinical area.
- Able to critically think and problem solve in clinical
- Three years current clinical nursing experience.
Keywords: St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Cincinnati , RN OP Wound Care HBO - PRN, Healthcare , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!