RN or LPN 7p-7a 36 hours Skilled Nursing - BONUS ELIGIBLE
Company: St. Elizabeth Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionJob Description:The Licensed Practical Nurse,
under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, licensed
physician, or dentist, accepts responsibility for the
administration of medication or treatments in the delivery of
patient care. Demonstrates their knowledge and skill through
observation, collection, intervention, and documentation of
clinical data utilizing defined standards of clinical practice.
Demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each
encounter with all patients, families, visitors and other employees
regardless of cultural background. Job Duties:
- Under the direct supervision of a licensed RN, physician, or
dentist, the licensed practical nurse provides clinical care to
designated patients. Following the plan of care, observes and
implements nursing care based on the patients assessed clinical
- Demonstrates professional responsibility by documenting
patients' response to care such as medication administration,
treatment, and IV Therapy procedures in the medical record.
Observes and follows patient safety alerts, by accurately and
timely entering patient information in the chart and or clinical
- Responsible for preparing and administering medications in the
prescribed dosage, route, frequency; and observing, recording, and
reporting desired effects, untoward reactions, and side effects of
- Participates in and utilizes performance improvement to
positively impact patient outcomes. Monitors and evaluates quality
of care with focus on patient safety and nurse sensitive indicators
by identifying areas for improvement and assists in development of
- Demonstrates knowledge of Patient Satisfaction goals and
expectations to meet customer needs in a positive and professional
manner. Exhibits excellent verbal and telephone communication
skills with all customers. Adherence to Joint Commission, state and
other regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the supervising, teaching, mentoring, and
delegating to unlicensed personnel based on their training and
education activities relating to nursing care.
- Maintains licensure/certification and completes all mandatory
Netlearning modules, MID, and in-service programs.
- Supports in maintaining budget(s) within established target(s)
by assisting with setting priorities and appropriately allocates
resources and completing charges.
- Supports the department and the organizations financial and
productivity goals. Maintains efficient time management and through
adherence to time and attendance policy and completing duties
within the defined shift.QualificationsMinimum
Qualifications:Education, Credentials, Licenses:
- Graduate from approved school of practical nursing
- Graduates prior to 1994 must provide documentation of a
continuing education course in intravenous therapy.
- Out of state graduates must submit documentation of their
schools' core curriculum that defines the course content for
intravenous therapy or documentation of continuing education credit
post basic education program.
- Exception to IV therapy education requirement is an LPN
assigned to Home Care, Private Duty, Behavioral Health, and OR, LPN
SA, or LPN ST. (LPNSR or LPNST working Maternal Child Health must
meet IV therapy education requirements.) Specialized Knowledge:
- Knowledge of nursing care standards and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to independently perform safe nursing
skills and techniques.Kind and Length of Experience: Meets state
and regulatory requirements to legally apply for position.
Keywords: St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Cincinnati , RN or LPN 7p-7a 36 hours Skilled Nursing - BONUS ELIGIBLE, Healthcare , Crittenden, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!