Part Time Call Center RN - (Sat/Sun 8:00A-6:30P)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
- Provide clinical assessment and intervention utilizing the
nursing process, VITAS Palliative Care Guide, and Triage
- Serve as the patient and family advocate by communicating with
the attending physicians, long-term care facility staff, case
managers, and others external to VITAS as necessary. Provides
collaboration with LPN/LVN's.
- Coordinate all service delivery after hours including patient
and family education, dispatching of interdisciplinary visits, and
coordination of services with external vendors and resources as
- Provide support and collaboration with Telecare staff to ensure
favorable patient outcomes.
- Provide bereavement support to families.
- Document interactions with patients, families, contacts, and
vendors in the patient record to include the assessment, plan of
care, caller agreement to the plan, any actions and interventions
and the resolution of each patient/family interaction.
- Review all entries in the record made by Telecare LPN/LVN's and
Patient Care Coordinators and ensures compliance with documentation
- Participate in the orientation of new team members as assigned
by the supervising manager.
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services, staff meetings, and
- Develop and achieve professional growth goals and objectives
and reviews with supervising manager on a monthly basis.
- Represent professional nursing and VITAS Healthcare in a
- Seek certification in the specialty of hospice nursing when
qualified to do so.
- Instruct and document appropriate use of medications, home
medical equipment and supplies.
- Appropriately utilize the resources of contract personnel such
as Pharmacy, HME, agency staff, and transportation services.
- Promote a customer service-oriented approach to care
- Support and promote all Care Connection Center cultural
- Compliance with all departmental standards, policies, and
procedures with training and education, management of the workload,
disaster planning, attendance, adherence, and quality standards
- A minimum of two years' experience in acute-care hospital
nursing in either medical-surgical, oncology, home health, or
- Two years of customer service/call center experience
- Eligible for licensure in other states VITAS Triage services
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
skills, as well as demonstrated effective telephone skills.
- Ability to work as a team player and multi-task
- Proficient in customer conflict resolution and crisis
- Proficient in telephone techniques including phone etiquette,
and handling of calls.
- Thorough knowledge of professional nursing principles, methods
and procedures; anatomy and physiology; medical supplies and
equipment used in nursing practice; and the uses and effects of
medications and narcotics.
- Working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and
regulations pertaining to registered nursing and the scope of
practice limitations of clinic support staff.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as necessary to support
the operations of the Care Connection Center.
- Ability to type 40 WPM EDUCATION
- Associate's degree in Nursing or related field from an
accredited college or university or the international equivalent
required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse License (with no current/pending
restrictions) required. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V About UsVITAS - Healthcare is the nation's
leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the resources and
expertise to support your personal and professional growth. -As a
member of the VITAS team, you'll find fulfillment working for a
people-focused organization dedicated to making a difference in the
lives of others. You will be more than just an employee: You will
be counted on as an expert in your field, and as a valued team
member whose efforts are respected and vital to our hospice
mission. All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their duties and
responsibilities with the highest regard for professionalism,
collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused constantly on growth
and improvement. We serve with commitment and compassion, and
position ourselves for the future by embracing, innovating, and
leading change. If you are that person, make your voice heard-find
your purpose at VITAS today.Benefits Include:- Competitive
compensation -- Health, dental, vision, life and disability
insurance- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending
accounts- Life insurance- 401(k) plan with numerous investment
options and generous company match- Cancer and/or critical illness
benefit- Tuition Reimbursement- Paid Time Off- Employee Assistance
Program- Legal Insurance- Roadside Assistance- Affinity ProgramWe
offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment
opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays
or weekends.Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: VITAS, Cincinnati , Part Time Call Center RN - (Sat/Sun 8:00A-6:30P), Healthcare , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!