Physician (Vascular Surgeon)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 14, 2018
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board eligibility or certification in Vascular Surgery, and demonstrated expertise in the performance of endovascular procedures. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: The physical requirements of this position include occasional lifting, prolonged standing and sitting, frequent bending, walking (distance), climbing, reaching (overhead, extensive/repetitive), repetitive motion, and stooping. The mental/sensory requirements include recall, reasoning, problem-solving, hearing, speaking clearly, writing legibly, reading, and logical thinking. The environment's pace can vary from steady to a sometimes fast pace requiring handling of multiple priorities, frequent, sometimes intense customer, intense customer, interactions, and the ability to adapt to frequent changes in a sometimes noisy environment. There may be an occasional need to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to disease, illness, and hazardous materials.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Cincinnati , Physician (Vascular Surgeon), Healthcare , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!