Health Care Access Now: Community Care Coordinator Supervisor
Company: Talbert House
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Health Care Access Now: Community Care Coordination Supervisor-Adult Chronic Care Coordination Program
WORK LOCATION: Cincinnati OH 45206
WORK HOURS: 1st shift
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
JOB TYPE: Regular Full-Time
JOB CODE: 1347-810
Health Care Access Now (HCAN) is a nonprofit organization established in October 2008 to develop and deliver multi-stakeholder partnerships in order to provide community-based care coordination services for Medicaid, Medicare, and commercially insured adults. HCAN serves as a multi-county hub operation that provides centralized contracting/billing, data management, consumer engagement and marketing, and QI/QA services for health plans, health systems, and regional health collaborative. HCANs primary service area includes Hamilton, Butler, Warren, and Clermont OH counties. HCAN has been awarded the Level 1 Certification for Pathways Community Hub by the Rockville Institute.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct supervision for Community Care Coordinators (Certified Community Health Workers) and Intake Specialist who provide community-based care coordination to patients referred by medical and social service providers
- Oversee QI and QA of the Adult Chronic Care Coordination Program in collaboration with the Associate Director
- Assist in development of program operational guidelines for direct services and expansion of services as needed
- Oversee the triage and patient referral process of clients to community agencies
- Provide feedback to CEO and Associate Director regarding appropriate quality assurance procedures needed to ensure optimum performance and execution of Pathway services
- Actively participate in community meetings related to health care issues and networking with organizations regarding chronic disease management, especially among minority populations
- Provide meeting facilitation and oversight of Community Care Coordinators to ensure performance measures are achieved on time and on budget
- Develop relevant teambuilding and communication activities for Community Care Coordinators, in collaboration with external partner agencies to ensure productive and positive work performance.
- Ensure the production and maintenance of program data management to ensure data integrity and security
- Represent HCAN at external meetings as required
- Minimum Master's degree in nursing, social service, or related field with minimum of five years demonstrated experience in similar leadership/supervisory position.
- Registered Nurse (RN), or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of Ohio
- Has a working knowledge of the Community Health Worker function and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of local and national health care policy and health care market
- Minimum of five years of managerial experience with interdisciplinary teams (medical, social or behavioral health)
Knowledge of SW Ohio/Northern KY community health, consumer and social service organizations
Experience with clinical/social service program development and working with high risk populations
Previous work experience with diverse ethnic populations.
- Valid Ohio drivers license with no moving violations.
- Valid CPR certification
- Valid professional licensure/certification associated with professional credentials
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Previous experience with public health, community-based organizations and/or social services in a community setting preferred.
Proficient with electronic devices (tablet, PC, laptop) to include experience with Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) or other interactive databases;
Ability to work independently or with little supervision.
HCAN employs, promotes and contracts without regards to race, gender, color, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, sex, religion, or genetic information. HCAN is an EO/AA Employer/M/F/Protected Vet/Disabled & an equal provider of services.
Health Care Access Now provides community-based care coordination services and shared management support services for clients registered with community health centers, private practice providers, health plans, health systems, and social service agencies. The service populations are typically Medicaid and Medicare adults residing in Butler, Clermont and Hamilton counties.
Keywords: Talbert House, Cincinnati , Health Care Access Now: Community Care Coordinator Supervisor, Healthcare , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!