Host / Cashier - Restaurant Team Member
Company: Bob Evans
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Bob Evans Where Good Grows!
- Do you like recognition for a job well done? Do you want to be
given that chance for a promotion?
- Are you looking for your first job, second job, or just looking
to make some extra cash? Maybe youre looking to work after school
and on the weekends?
- How does working in an environment where strangers are treated
like friends and friends are treated like family?
- If any of these questions resonate with you, then we encourage
you to apply.At Bob Evans, you are in the drivers seat of your
career. As Bob Evans himself liked to say, You cant look at your
future in your rearview mirror. Put that turn signal on, change
directions, and head straight to Bob Evans, where good grows.Not
sure yet? Then please take a few minutes to check out some of our
employee stories at careers.bobevans.com.Full-Time and Part-Time
positions may be availableWe continue to update our safety and
sanitation procedures to follow the current CDC, local, and state
guidelines. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for both our
employees and guests.Bob Evans Restaurants, LLC is EEO compliant
and participates in E Verify.Statement of Purpose:This position is
responsible for ensuring all guests feel welcome, special and
appreciated by "treating strangers like friends and friends like
- Responsible for greeting guest in a friendly manner and
escorting guests to tables. Monitors guests needs and the workflow
of the restaurant and seats guests accordingly.
- Conveys the appropriate number of menus, kid packs if needed
when seating guests.
- Performs restroom checks, answers phones, keeps lobby area
clean of debris, and keeping the general work area stocked and
- Practices safe food and beverage handling and clean up at all
times and must be able to communicate and interact with guests,
handle crowds and put guests at ease.
- Shows guests they care, and ask them about their dining
experience.Effectively handle guest complaints and involve manager
at appropriate time.
- Handles cash and credit transactions; accurately accounts for
all receivables including cash, credit cards, and gift cards.
- Assist in marketing, promotional services and situational
selling, such as communicating new promotions, products or
marketing information to guest.
- Clears, sanitizes and sets tables as needed.
- Manages a line by working with managers to quote accurate wait
- Handles guest complaints with tact and professionalism, turning
dissatisfied guests into raving fans.
- All other duties as assigned.Knowledge:
- Excellent guest service skills and experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must have ability to accurately handle money, make change,
process credit card transactions, and have strong menu
- Computer skills (POS system).
- Great communication skills.Education/Experience:
- 0-2 years related experience.
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and
procedures in a restaurant.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- At least 16 years of age.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not
designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the
employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to
this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job the employee will
regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time
without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 10 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read and write clearly.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including
selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.Preferred
- Able to comfortably lift 50 lbs
- Background check
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Available to work: weekends
- 16 years or older
Keywords: Bob Evans, Cincinnati , Host / Cashier - Restaurant Team Member, Hospitality & Tourism , Florence, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!