ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER - Store 127
Company: United Dairy Farmers
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Position Title: Assistant Manager
Reports to: Store Manager
Schedule: Full Time (37-40 hours per week); may work 1st, 2nd or
Pay Range: $13.00/hour - $15.00/hour
Position Description: The primary responsibility of an Assistant
Manager is to ensure the delivery of outstanding service to every
Guest by following the five phases of The Hi Five Guest Experience
(Invited, Welcomed, Well-Served, Respected, Fulfilled), either
personally or through other associates on duty during his or her
shift. This includes both direct service to Guests as well as
maintenance of excellent store conditions. The Assistant Manager
ensures the safe and efficient operation of his or her shift while
complying with all laws and regulations, and all company policies
and requirements. Assistant Managers must be legally qualified
under applicable state laws to conduct all sales transactions
including alcohol and tobacco sales.
- Managing other Associates: including assigning/monitoring
performance of duties, coaching The Hi Five Guest Experience, and
training of Shift Leaders and Guest Services Associates. Provides
input to Store Manager for counseling/discipline of associates.
Performs screening interviews with applicants.
- Store Administration: including ordering, review of weekly
delivery reports, transfer of products, completion of paperwork as
directed by Store Manager or District Supervisor.
- Overall Guest Services: Provide the signature UDF Hi Five Guest
Experience; greet Guests with a warm, authentic hello, ensure store
is prepared and ready for Guests at all times, anticipate needs of
Guests and provide assistance to ensure each Guest leaves satisfied
with the intention to return to our store.
- DipSide Guest Services: Preparation of shakes/malts, cups/cones
of ice cream/yogurt, sundaes, sodas and "hand-packed"
- Efficient Operation of Point of Sale System and Gas Console:
Properly authorizing and control gas sales, accurately register all
transactions, handling coins/currency/checks/credit card
transactions/coupons/food stamps and making change.
- Stocking Merchandise: Keep shelves, displays, milk box and
freezers filled and faced, ensure dip cabinet is filled and appears
presentable to our Guests; ensure coffee pots and ice dispensers
are full, ensure the proper rotation of stock and check for out of
- Security: Maintain awareness of all Guests in the store/on the
lot to minimize shop-lifting and gas drive-offs, control cash
levels in the register by using proper "drop" procedures, doing
vendor log-in and following all steps in the Tobacco/Alcohol
Management and Robbery/Violence Deterrence programs.
- Maintenance: Ensure the store and parking lot are kept in a safe,
clean and organized condition; keep store equipment clean; monitor
product and refrigeration equipment temperatures.
- Reporting: Accurate completion of time records and the Customer
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Ability to speak, hear and understand spoken English well enough
to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to see well enough to operate store equipment, including
POS terminal, gas console, check identification documents and to
use price book.
- Ability to understand operating instructions for store equipment
and to operate all store equipment.
- Ability to prepare DipSide items using supplies located in the
- Ability to handle coins, currency, checks, credit transactions,
coupons and food stamps, recognize denominations and accurately
- Ability to recognize numbers, count and do arithmetic well enough
to complete required records.
- Ability to move merchandise from storage to
shelves/displays/freezers/milk box and place for proper
- Ability to clean counters and other surfaces.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to temperatures as low as -30
degrees Fahrenheit for at least 2 minutes.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to temperatures as low as +33
degrees Fahrenheit for at least 10 minutes.
- Ability to raise at least 10 pounds from floor level to a height
of 5 feet.
- Ability to place an 8" x 10" x 10" package weighing 21 pounds
into a dip cabinet, the top of which is 3 feet above the floor.
The lists of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for this
position are not exhaustive but are believed to be accurate at the
time of publication. Management reserves the right to revise this
job description at any time without notice and to require that
other tasks be performed when necessary (for example in response to
emergencies, changes in personnel, changes in workload or technical
Keywords: United Dairy Farmers, Cincinnati , ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER - Store 127, Hospitality & Tourism , Maineville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!