Company: SREE Hotels
Posted on: February 14, 2019
- Fluent in basic computer skills to include Word and Excel in business format.
- Fluent in electronic communications (email).
- Direct hospitality food & beverage management experience (2-3 years minimum)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as team player with all levels of hotel staff.
- Must be flexible with hours work which will include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays
- Excellent guest relations skills.
- College degree and/or equivalent sales experience required.
- Knowledge of menu development and cost analysis.
- Excellent judgment
- High ethical standards of conduct JOB SETTING AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS Employees in this position work primarily indoors. To perform the job successfully the candidate must be able to use a computer and other standard office equipment. The employee will often work in the kitchen, restaurant, and banquet areas. Fluency in the English language and the ability to speak, hear, read and write are required as is the ability to work any hours/days of the week necessary to meet business requirements. Disclaimer This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of people assigned to this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. All employees may be required to perform activities outside of their normal job responsibilities from time to time as needed. EOE - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Kitchen Manager POSITION DESCRIPTION Food & Beverage Manager PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for the supervision of all food operations in order to ensure that the highest quality standards are met for food, service, food production, safety, and cleanliness, while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and overhead cost. Responsible for the daily food operations of the Bistro, the Market, and Banquets, while providing professional leadership, training and direction to all Food and Beverage personnel. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieves financial goals as determined by General Manager and Director of Food and Beverage.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service oriented manner.
- Maintain follow through of all guest requests, problems, complaints, and/or accidents which occur in the F&B Outlets.
- Motivate, coach, counsel, and discipline all F&B personnel according to company Standards.
- Reviews kitchen staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to the Director of Food and Beverage on a timely basis.
- Prepares employee shift schedule according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines, and productivity requirements.
- Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality.
- Works with Director of Food and Beverage to make daily purchasing decisions and places orders.
- Assists and participates in making routine kitchen hiring decisions.
- Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
- Estimates food consumption, and requisitions or purchases food items.
- Observes and is involved with methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
- Receives and examines food items and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established hotel's and/or Brand standards and specifications.
- Supervises and is involved in cooking with other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Assists in developing and ensure implementation of Food and Beverage promotional ideas.
- Ensures all beverage costs are maintained to meet budget.
- Focuses the F&B Department on their role in contributing to the Guest Voice.
- Ensures at all times the kitchen is in compliance with Brand Standard Audits and Local Health Regulations.
- Performs Global Food Safety Audit Quarterly.
- Maintains company S.O.P.'s regarding purchase orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Develops, initiates, and promotes sales, including upselling programs for use by all service personnel.
- Ensures that F&B employees are at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, all other employees and managers.
- Organizes and conducts monthly department meetings with staff.
- Attends BEO meeting and Leadership Meetings
- Maintains a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Ensures quality, consistency and creativity are at the highest level.
- Collaborates with multiple stakeholders in the production and execution of banquets and a la carte restaurant with emphasis on quality and client satisfaction. This includes creating menus, ensuring kitchen staff is scheduled and sufficiently trained, and communicating effectively with sales, operations and other F&B departments.
- Works independently and exercise independent judgment to resolve personnel and production issues.
Keywords: SREE Hotels, Cincinnati , Kitchen Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!