Plant Human Resources Manager
Company: Graham Packaging Company
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company Statement: Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview:Plant Human Resources Managers oversee recruitment and
retention, onboarding, employee relations, compliance, training,
payroll, compensation, safety, and benefits in the plant. They are
responsible for the development and administration of HR policies
and procedures. Maintains and updates employee records, various
reports, and provides employee coaching on work related matters.
This position has a strong relationship with the Plant Manager and
Plant Leadership team and must be able to understand business
issues and bring solutions that advance the greater interests of
the business.Responsibilities:The primary duties of a Plant HR
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety,
health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies,
procedures and recognized practices.
- Responsible for recruitment, selection and retention of plant
employees. Partners with Plant Leadership in maintaining staffing
levels to budget.
- Processes the plant weekly payroll and administers the
- Interprets and applies company policies, benefits, practices,
procedures, programs and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the investigation and administration of worker
compensation claims, record keeping, and documentation. Works with
Corporate EH&S on worker's compensation case management.
- Maintains records and compiles reports concerning personnel
related data such as hires, turnover, employee programs,
performance appraisals, wage progression, and absenteeism
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and
- Plans and coordinates new employee onboarding to foster
positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Analyzes training needs to design employee and leadership
training and development, including safety programs.
- Plans and organizes company events, e.g. luncheons, picnics,
- Serves as the liaison between management and employees by
handling questions and assisting in the resolution of employee
- Provides effective guidance and coaching to Plant Leadership,
relating to employee concerns, problems, and disciplinary action to
comply with company policies.
- Acts as the Plant Safety Coordinator. Responsible for managing
all plant safety programs and training, and maintains the first aid
- Serves as contact with temporary labor agencies to schedule
workers to meet daily production staffing requirements and to
process pay records. Reviews and approves invoices, and addresses
temporary worker issues as required.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other
functional areas and other related duties as assigned.
- 0-25% travel may be required.Qualifications:A Bachelor's Degree
and/or related experience; or equivalent combination of education
and experience required. A minimum of 5 years Human Resources
Manager experience in manufacturing preferred.Plant HR Managers are
required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and
customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are
also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others.
EEO Disclaimer: Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or
mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital
status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: Graham Packaging Company, Cincinnati , Plant Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Mason, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!