Senior Software Engineer- Fulfillment (REMOTE)
Company: DICK'S Sporting Goods
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Everything we do at DICK'S Sporting Goods centers around our
customers, or as we call them, our athletes. From online to
in-store, we're disrupting retail through technology.
Our Software Engineering team are key disruptors. As a Senior
Software Engineer, you are an expert of your craft. You are a
natural leader. The idea of disrupting an industry with
technologies you help create is invigorating.
We empower our engineers to tear down the silos and work
collaboratively with their product team to deliver solutions. We
work in nimble product teams composed of engineers, designers, and
product managers that aren't bogged down by project plans and
politics, but are empowered to continuously create, test and
execute. One of the best parts is after the work is done, you get
to see the results of your work in our stores, online and
throughout our business. You get to make a difference.
This is a full time remote opportunity. We are looking to hire
immediately. Immigration sponsorship, including permanent
residency/green card sponsorship is available upon hire date.
First, let's talk Tech.
Here is a list of our platforms. Don't worry, you don't have to be
a master at them all. At this level you'll expect you to have
experience in a couple of them.
- .NET 5/.NET Core, Java Spring Boot, Kotlin, React, Android
As a Senior Software Engineer at DICK'S you will:
- Bring at least 5 years of experience to the table
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and modern practices
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace
- Work with open source tools to build new technologies
- Have opportunities for career development as we continue to
invest in our talent.
- Be a part of a collaborative, innovative culture tackling the
challenges of scaling our business and serving up new experiences
for our athletes.
- Work with great people in an engaging, remote environment while
still having access to the many amenities the Pittsburgh campus has
to offer, including a world-class health club, hoteling space,
collaboration rooms, and enabled technology for hybrid
We believe that there is always a better way.
So, We Will Expect You To
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core
practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks,
- Engineers at this level are able to deliver complex tasks to
production, working independently when required.
- They use best practices in high quality code, and continue to
push and share their knowledge.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to
understand best practices and optimal design patterns
- Take the initiative to drive new ideas and projects
- Understand the business context of the larger domain and
potentially other domain areas
- Able to advocate and evangelize specific technologies within
and outside the wider organization
- Able to support and mentor seasoned technologists in a
structured manner and ad-hoc
Lastly, here's some stuff that won't be part of your
At DICK'S You Won't
- Work in a silo
- Be limited by project plans
- Find yourself stuck in a boring cube
- Pay to park or be stuck in a corporate high-rise
- Be pigeonholed into proprietary and stagnant codebases
If you're excited about joining the DSG team, we'd love to meet
Keywords: DICK'S Sporting Goods, Cincinnati , Senior Software Engineer- Fulfillment (REMOTE), IT / Software / Systems , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!