Lead Power BI Developer (Remote)
Company: Resolution Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
100% Remote - Prefer EST & CST Based Candidates!
Lead Business Intelligence Developer Summary Of
The Lead Business Intelligence Developer will manage the creation
and maintenance of business intelligent solutions to enhance
organizational decision making. This role will frequently interface
with business leaders to assess front-end reporting and data
analysis needs, develop technical specifications and integrate
solutions into departmental operations. S/he will assist with
enhancing ETL solutions, developing and maintaining data warehouse
environment, creating Power BI reports, dashboards, and datasets,
and maintaining technical documentation.
Lead Business Intelligence Developer Essential Duties
- Use Power BI to build and maintain various reports, dashboards,
scorecards, presentations, charts, summaries and other tools used
to visualize information to enhance business decision making.
- Develop new or modify existing ETL solutions by using SSIS to
facilitate the loading of data warehouses. Optimize existing
solutions and identify key areas where efficiency can be gained
- Document and translate business requirements into technical
- Assist with supporting and troubleshooting data warehouse
environment. Facilitate quality review and debugging
- Understand all departmental data contained within any data
marts and source systems. Leverage data for reporting purposes and
create new data marts, sets or cubes when necessary.
- Collect, aggregate and analyze data sets by writing SQL
queries. Visualize data to produce concise and actionable
analytical reports for business leaders.
- Meet with business leaders across departments to understand
current front-end reporting and data analysis functionality; assess
user's needs; identify strengths, opportunities and gaps of current
- Collaborate with IT resources as needed to design, develop,
test and integrate business intelligence solutions into
departmental operations. Follow-up with business leaders to ensure
solutions are aligned to operations and being utilized
- Support departmental business analysts and assist with best
- Manage ad-hoc analysis and reporting requests to find solutions
for business inquiries.
- Maintain technical documents relating to database mapping and
- Stay abreast of business intelligence best practices. Evaluate,
recommend and implement solutions that will enhance company
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job
duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned
by the incumbent's manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Lead Business Intelligence Developer WORKING CONDITIONS
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and
Lead Business Intelligence Developer Required Education And
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science
or equivalent work experience and/or education
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting business intelligence
- Minimum 2 years' experience delivering enterprise solutions
utilizing Power BI or a similar tool (Tableau, Qlick, Looker,
- High proficiency with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack
(SQL Server, Power BI, SSIS, SSRS,) to include advanced knowledge
of T- SQL, Query Tuning, Stored Procedures, SSIS Packages, Power BI
- Experience using ETL to load and manage data warehouses from
various source systems
- Proven understanding of dimensional modeling
- Proven ability to interface with executive and business leaders
across an organization
- Proven ability to explain technical information into easily
understood concepts and ideas
Lead Business Intelligence Developer Preferred Education And
- Data warehouse design experience including dimensional and fact
table design patterns and the Kimball methodology
- Experience working in property management, real estate or
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
Lead Business Intelligence Developer Required Knowledge
- Computers - Knowledge of computer software, including
applications and programming.
- Mathematics- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry,
calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Lead Business Intelligence Developer Required Skills
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making- Considering the relative costs
and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Complex Problem Solving- Identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
- Time Management- Managing one's own time and the time of
- Monitoring- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other
individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take
- Speaking- Talking to others to convey information
- Writing- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Analytical Thinking- Job requires analyzing information and
using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail- Job requires being careful about detail
and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Persistence- Job requires persistence in the face of
- Cooperation- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job
and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Independence- Job requires developing one's own ways of doing
things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and
depending on oneself to get things done.
- Adaptability/Flexibility- Job requires being open to change
(positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the
Keywords: Resolution Technologies, Inc., Cincinnati , Lead Power BI Developer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!